Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Until 14 October 2017 (renewal possibility)
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Finance and Administration Manager (f/m) for its country presence in Lebanon. In collaboration with, and under disciplinary supervision of the Country Representative and the functional supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration at HQ (Berlin), s/he will lead on all financial and administrative aspects of DRI’s project ‘An Agenda for Decentralisation – Local Governance in Lebanon’. The project aims at analysing the existing legal framework of decentralisation and advocating for an improved implementation at the local and national level. The project will be implemented in close cooperation with local CSOs in the different regions of Lebanon.
The project requires the services of an experienced Finance and Administration Manager to establish, manage and supervise the financial and administrative operations of the DRI office in Beirut.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for all finance and administration issues regarding the projects in Lebanon. More specifically s/he will:
- Prepare monthly financial reports for DRI Headquarters;
- Keep financial deadlines and prepare the financial audits (incl. the development of an Early-Warning-System);
- Prepare monthly wire transfer requests and regular expenditure forecasts for budget monitoring purposes;
- Prepare budget adjustment notifications and addendums in co-operation with the Country Representative and Project Coordinator;
- Manage the local bank accounts;
- Process payments (cash and bank) and prepare all accounting records, including invoices, bank documents, cash receipts and cash disbursement journals;
- Establish, manage, and supervise the financial and administrative operations of DRI office in Beirut;
- Draft and oversee the implementation of administrative policies, procedures and templates for the DRI office in Beirut;
- Develop an electronic and physical filing system for administrative and financial records;
- Develop and maintain a human resources and payroll system;
- Draft and oversee implementation of all administrative policies, procedures and templates, including human resources policy, vehicle usage policy, leave tracking templates etc.;
- Act as the main contact person for financial and administrative external stakeholders (bank, lawyers, state authorities regarding office registration, sub-grantees);
- Deal with legal issues, including the preparation and/or verification of contracts;
- Coordinate IT issues in cooperation with DRI Headquarters;
- Ensure that the country office meets all donor requirements, Lebanese legal requirements, German bookkeeping requirements as well as DRI internal regulations;
- Prepare and coordinate the registration of the country office under the supervision of the Country Representative;
- Closely coordinate with the Procurement & Logistics Officer;
- Act as the deputy security focal point of the country office in Beirut;
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned.
- Master Degree in Business Administration or other relevant fields;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in administration and financial management, experience in donor-funded project will be considered an asset;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and cloud file sharing e.g. OneDrive, SharePoint, Dropbox, Google Drive;
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken) is required, French is an asset;
- Good team player, effective communicator, able to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions like heavy workloads and deadlines.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
For interested applicants, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to email@example.com. Please include “Finance and Administration Manager – Lebanon” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. This position is subject to funding.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Early applications are therefore strongly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.