Position Location: Home based / Islamabad, Pakistan
Contract Period: October 2016 to March 2017
Contract Days: 25 days (part-time)
Start Date: 6 October 2016
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
With funding from DFID, DRI is implementing a short-term project called “Supporting Electoral and Parliamentary Reforms in Pakistan”. The purpose of the project is to facilitate Pakistan’s elected institutions at the national and provincial levels in being a source of democratic stability and to contribute to strengthening electoral processes in the country. DRI engages with different stakeholders such as policy-makers, political parties, media and civil society on electoral and parliamentary reforms in light of international electoral standards and good parliamentary practices.
DRI will publish briefing papers and launch an advocacy and lobbying campaign on social media regarding electoral reform issues as part of the afore-mentioned project to support the legal and administrative electoral reform process. DRI is seeking a Graphic Designer to produce info graphics, banners, covers, headers, text-based pictures and other digital graphics to be used in publications and in the social media campaign.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Graphic Designer will work under the supervision of DRI’s Country Representative and Elections Analyst to produce info graphics on elections-related content and to design publications. The Graphic Designer will also work in close coordination with the Social Media Expert to develop graphics for the social media campaign. S/he will be fulfilling the following tasks:
- Develop original info graphics that are clear, appealing and viewer-friendly for DRI’s publications and social media campaign on electoral issues;
- Design cover pages and other elements for DRI publications when required;
- Develop digital graphics such as banners, covers, headers, text-based pictures as suitable for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.) or publications where required;
- Submit preliminary designs for DRI’s review;
- Prepare revised designs after incorporating DRI’s feedback;
- Where needed, research additional materials to strengthen the information in the info graphics.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, media production, communication or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in designing info graphics for publications, social media and/or advocacy campaigns;
- Proven graphic designing abilities for publications and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter etc.;
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workload and tight deadlines;
- Fluency in English and Urdu, both spoken and written.
Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Graphics in different formats such as PDF, JPEG, PNGs, GIF and original files of all info graphics developed.
Closing date for applications: 2 October 2016
Early applications are encouraged. Recruitment may close before the deadline if an applicant is found.
For interested applicants, please send your application (cover letter, CV and samples of info graphics and other design works relevant to the job) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Graphic Designer – Pakistan” as the subject heading and supporting documents in the following format: SURNAME_FIRSTNAME_GRAPHIC DESIGNER.
This is a locally recruited position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.