Position Title: Intern – Asia, Programme Unit
Form of Employment: Full-time, 3 months
Starting Date: September 2017
Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: 18 July 2017 (Midnight CET)
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes the political participation of citizens, the accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide. Democracy Reporting International is currently recruiting an intern for its Berlin headquarters to support DRI’s work in Asia (Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka) and its GSP+ Global Labour and Human Rights project. The intern will support the Asia Team in the areas of communications and project management/administration.
- Contribute to writing and editing website stories and newsletter articles;
- Support in drafting and scheduling content for social media channels;
- Conduct image selection for the website and social media channels;
- Assist in drafting and editing reports and briefing papers and translating documents;
- Support in the recruitment and management of international experts including travel logistics;
- Support the organisation and its implementation of expert missions as well as workshops and DRI events in Berlin or in-country;
- Assist in maintaining project files, databases and other resources;
- Conduct research on current and political affairs in programme countries and the wider Asia region with a particular focus on elections, constitutions and human rights;
- Other duties as required.
- Academic background in law, political science, (South) Asian studies, journalism, public relations or related fields;
- Experience in media/communications/social media;
- Previous office experience;
- Excellent oral and written English;
- Proficiency in key computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (WordPress) is preferred;
- Experience with photo and graphic editing software is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Asian region, with a particular focus on Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Myanmar, is preferable;
- Experience in project cycle management, communications, and research is an asset;
- Student status; must be enrolled in university throughout the duration of the internship;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
The internship is full time, starting September 2017 for a duration of three months. A monthly internship allowance of 400 € will be provided.
Please submit your application (cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Asia Intern Autumn 2017” as the subject heading and supporting documents in the following format: SURNAME_FIRSTNAME_DOCUMENTNAME. The deadline for applications is 18 July 2017 (Midnight CET). Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Skype interviews to take place the week of 24 July.