Duration: April through June, 2018
Location: Berlin, Germany
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting an intern for its Berlin headquarters to support DRI’s work in Asia (Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka) and its GSP+ Global Labour and Human Rights project. You will support the Asia Team in the areas of communications and project management/administration.
- Contribute to writing and editing website stories and newsletter articles;
- Support in drafting and scheduling content for social media channels;
- Conduct image selection for the website and social media channels;
- Assist in drafting and editing reports and briefing papers and translating documents;
- Support in the recruitment and management of international experts including travel logistics;
- Support the organisation and its implementation of expert missions as well as workshops and DRI events in Berlin or in-country;
- Assist in maintaining project files, databases and other resources;
- Conduct research on current and political affairs in programme countries and the wider Asia region with a particular focus on elections, constitutions and human rights;
- Provide support to project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning tasks;
- Other duties as required
- Academic background in law, political science, (South) Asian studies, journalism, public relations or related fields;
- Experience in media/communications/social media;
- Previous office experience;
- Excellent oral and written English;
- Spanish, German, and/or Portuguese skills are an asset;
- Proficiency in key computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (WordPress) is preferred;
- Experience with photo and graphic editing software is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Asian region, with a particular focus on Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Myanmar, is preferable;
- Experience in project cycle management, communications, and research is an asset;
- Student status; must be enrolled in university throughout the duration of the internship;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
The internship is full time (i.e. 40 hours/week), for a duration of three months. A monthly internship allowance of 400 € will be provided, unless you already receive outside internship funding, such as from Erasmus.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Moreover, DRI offers you an internship with flexible working hours and working in a multicultural team in the heart of Berlin.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to email@example.com. Please include “April Asia Team Intern” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity.
The deadline for applications is 11 March 2018, 23:59. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are shortlisted, Skype interviews will take place the week of 12 March.