Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is implementing two EU-funded projects aimed at reinforcing the role of civil society in domestic observation and promoting awareness about international human rights and democracy standards. DRI requires the services of a Programme Officer to support the implementation of the project, including event and training preparations, research and monitoring and evaluation.
Objective and Role:
The Programme Officer supports all aspects of project implementation. She or he will work in cooperation with Programme Coordinators and report to the Country Representative.
The Programme Officer will work from Yangon, with occasional travel for project activities.
The assignment is expected to start as soon as possible for an initial duration until December 2017, but with the possibility of extension for up to 36 more months, subject to donor funding.
- Support event logistics, including overseeing invitation list and confirmations, participants logistics
- Regular updates and information sharing on political developments in Myanmar, including translation of relevant documents and legislation
- Support activity implementation, in particular with translation of materials and other supports
- Support expert visits and Programme Coordinators in stakeholder outreach, including translation at meetings and briefings
- Support DRI external communications and visibility, co-managing the DRI Myanmar Facebook page and contributing to short leaflets, factsheets and infographics
- Support project monitoring and evaluation, by contributing to project reports, reviewing feedback forms and tracking project outputs
- Support research on Myanmar legal and constitutional framework
- Any other administrative tasks as required
- University degree, preferably in international relations, political science, law or related subject
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in project management in either international organisations or NGOs.
- Experience working with local civil society organisations is highly desirable.
- Basic understanding of Myanmar’s electoral, constitutional, and legal frameworks
- Basic knowledge of international human rights system
- Demonstrated project management, organisational, and planning skills
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation tools will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated skills of Microsoft Office, cloud file sharing (Dropbox, Google Drive), and excel spreadsheets
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Myanmar is required
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in team, including the flexibility to respond to unexpected challenges by putting the teams interest ahead of personal views
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality products under stress is a must
- Pro-active and problem-solving attitude
- Ability to handle and prioritize several different tasks independently
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August 2017.