Date: 5 April 2018
Submission Deadline: 15 April 2018
Setting an Agenda for Decentralisation – Phase II
Request for Proposal: Photographer
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide. In the framework of its Lebanon Project “Setting an Agenda for Decentralisation – Phase II”, DRI is pleased to invite you to apply for the competitive tender for providing photography services.
Objective of this assignment
DRI is looking for a Lebanese photography company/photographer to cover DRI’s activities until December 2019. You will be asked to take photos for up to 9 indoor workshops/events (full days & half days):
|#||Type of Event||Timeline||Event Location||Event Length|
|1||Conference||Apr 2018||Beirut||Half Day|
|2||Consultation session||Aug 2018||Beirut||Half Day|
|3||Awareness Session||Sep 2018||Outside Beirut||Full Day|
|4||Focus Groups||Oct 2018||Outside Beirut||Full Day|
|5||Conference||Apr 2019||Beirut||Half Day|
|6||Consultation session||Aug 2019||Beirut||Half Day|
|7||Awareness Session||Sep 2019||Outside Beirut||Full Day|
|8||Focus groups||Oct 2019||Outside Beirut||Full Day|
|9||National conference||Nov 2019||Beirut||Half Day|
The events will be mainly attended by: politicians, public officials, media, NGOs, international donor organisations, and municipalities.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of DRI’s Country Representative and the Communications Officer, the winning company/photographer will be tasked with the following deliverables:
- Attendance of the events (the number of events may vary according to the need);
- Deliver high quality photographs and a second version formatted for social media usage;
- Lebanese company/photographer specialised in events photography and editing, with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Availability within a 2-week lead time and ability to work on the Lebanese territory without any constraints, including trips to different regions in Lebanon
- Prior experience in covering workshops and events of NGOs and iNGOs in Lebanon.
Location and duration
This service shall be provided in Beirut and the regions. This assignment will entail a maximum of 9 working days between April 2018 and December 2019.
- A cover letter and portfolio of the company/photographer;
- The specification of the material to be used (events will take place in closed spaces);
- A detailed quotation for half and full days, including all occurring costs (such as transportation), filling in the following table:
- At least three references and samples of previous relevant projects.
- The copyrights of the photos are the exclusive property of DRI.
- The submission for this tender document does not entail any commitment on the part of DRI, either financial or otherwise. DRI may cancel the tender, any time, without assigning any reason.