النسخة العربية على الرابط التالي
Position Title: Arabic Editor/Copywriter (Libya)
Form of Employment: Long-term Consultancy
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Overall Project Background:
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
In Libya, DRI has been supporting the constitution-drafting process and the work of Libyan civil society organisations on topics related to the constitution, human rights and local governance. Under this project, DRI will be publishing a study on the political transition in Libya which will provide a comprehensive and clear picture of the events that took place since 2011and offer an outlook on how the transition to a democratic Libyan state could be achieved.
The paper is currently being finalized in English and will target both an international and Libyan expert audience. It will be translated into Arabic and published online in early 2019.
Other publications, communication outputs or texts might require the services of an Arabic Editor/Copywriter later on during the project.
Your duties and responsibilities:
The Arabic Editor and Copywriter will have the following tasks to perform after the Translator completes the translation of the document(s).
The Arabic Editor and Copywriter shall review the Arabic translation and compare it to the original English text to ensure that the translated text complies with the following essential requirements:
- Linguistic correctness and proper syntax;
- Consistency in the use of terms and names of official documents and bodies;
- Correct terminology, grammar, punctuation and referencing;
- The use of Arabic terms as they are used in the Libyan context;
- The Arabic text should fully mirror, but not literally translate the English original;
- Correct spelling;
- Gender-sensitive language;
- Generally following DRI’s Style Guide.
The Arabic Editor and Copywriter is required to copywrite the translated text so that the final product sounds as if it were written originally in Arabic.
All rights related to the produced document will become the propriety of DRI and the Arabic Editor/Copywriter will not be entitled to any compensation apart from the lump sum amount agreed as per the contract.
Qualifications we require:
- University degree in translation, languages or other relevant fields;
- 5-7 years of work experience in editing and copywriting;
- Fluency in Arabic and English is required;
- Proven record of editing political, economic and/or historic content documents in Arabic is essential;
- Knowledge of the Libyan political transition and politics is highly desired;
- Previous experience in editing/copywriting similar publications will be an asset;
- Ability to meet strict and tight deadlines is required;
- Demonstrated experience in working for an international organization will be an asset.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter, rate per word, CV, names and contact details of two references and two samples of previously completed work with political, economic or historic content) to [email protected]. Please include “Arabic Editor/Copywriter—Libya” in the subject line and refer to the source through which you have found this opportunity.
New closing date for applications: 14 May 2019. The position may be filled before the expiry of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10