Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: One year, with the possibility of extension
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Programme Officer for its Country Office Libya. In collaboration with, and under the supervision of the Country Director or their assigned representative, the Programme Officer will mainly be responsible for designing, monitoring and evaluating project activities implemented in Tunisia and Libya. More specifically, the Programme Officer will carry out the following duties:
- Co-design and co-conceptualise project activities such as workshops, trainings, roundtables, and consultation sessions
- Research and draft concept notes, fact sheets, presentations and other knowledge products required for DRI Libya activities
- Draft a weekly media digest for field and HQ staff to keep them up to date with relevant political developments in Libya
- Draft a plan for monitoring, evaluation and learning of the programme activities
- Develop monitoring tools in accordance with DRI’s global Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manual and Guidelines
- Ensure that necessary qualitative and quantitative data is collected, collated, analyzed and populated in the relevant MEL templates
- Keep activity MEL trackers up to date and provide regular feedback on the effectiveness of the activities implemented.
- Develop and implement a MEL Plan for DRI Libya programmes.
- Work closely with other DRI Libya staff to ensure MEL results and recommendations are understood and acted upon
- Work closely with field staff to ensure high quality data is collected in a timely manner
- Work closely with, advise and coach Libyan subgrantees to ensure they fully understand MEL requirements according to DRI MEL standards and requirements
- Act as a focal point for MEL in DRI Libya Office
- Ensure the dissemination of lessons learnt based on evidence collected during the monitoring activities
- Ensure the consideration of gender and diversity in all your work, particularly when researching, drafting publications or working on MEL documentation
- In collaboration with and supervision of the Country Director or their assigned representative, draft terms of reference of researchers and consultants
- Lead on the development and production of research publications and other knowledge products as required
- Create a database of potential researchers and speakers for DRI Libya events and update the existing contact lists
- Provide inputs to donor reports
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Your Skills and Experience:
- University degree in political science, development, public policy, statistics or other relevant fields
- 2 – 3 years of work experience in a research or MEL position
- Background in qualitative research is required
- Exceptional analytical and data collection skills
- Well-organised and structured thinker with excellent report writing skills in Arabic and English
- Proficiency in common MEL approaches is required
- Experience of implementing projects in Libyan context is required
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Languages required for this position are both Arabic and English
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Background in quantitative research
- Proficiency in using Excel for data cleaning, pivot tables, basic formulas, descriptive statistics and visualization is desired
What We Offer:
DRI offers you flexible working hours, travel health insurance, training options, and the opportunity to work as part of an international and diverse team.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Programme Officer – Libya” in the subject line and refer to the source where you have found this opportunity. This position is subject to funding. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 8 March 2019. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon sex, gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10