Form of Employment: Full-time (40 hrs/wk)
Starting Date: 1 December 2020
Duration: 3 months
Location: Berlin, Germany
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting an Asia Intern for its Berlin headquarters to support the Asia team for projects in Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Myanmar.
- Provide administrative support, in particular maintaining proper filing of the project documentation according to DRI and the donor rules;
- Contribute to the research, drafting and editing of the programme’s internal and external reporting;
- Supporting the effective communication and co-ordination with project partners
- Supporting the effective communication with external consultants and experts, assisting with recruitment and contracting;
- Supporting the preparation and implementation of project activities and events implemented by DRI HQ;
- Contribute to writing and editing website stories, newsletter articles and content for social media channels;
- Provide support to project monitoring, evaluation and learning tasks;
- Other duties may be assigned depending on current project activities.
Your skills and experience
- On-going studies in political or social sciences, international business, NGO management or related field;
- Previous office experience;
- Proficiency in key computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Diligence, eye for detail, pro-active attitude and strong willingness to learn and engage with different stakeholders;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Student status; must be enrolled in university throughout the duration of the internship;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
- Familiarity with additional computer applications such as Sharepoint, MS Teams;
- Previous experience working in an NGO office;
- Experience working on donor-funded projects;
- Proficiency in one of the official languages from the Asia project countries.
What we offer
The internship is full time, starting 1 December 2020 for a duration of three months.
A monthly internship allowance of 400 € will be provided, unless you already receive funding from any other source, such as from an Erasmus+ grant.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Moreover, DRI offers you an internship with flexible working hours and working in a multicultural team in the heart of Berlin.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your application (cover letter and CV) here. This position is subject to funding. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 16 November 2020. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (except extremism), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
12045 Berlin, Germany