Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
With funding from the German Federal Foreign Office, Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is implementing the Project “Going beyond Kyiv: Empowering Regional Actors of Change to Contribute to Key Political Reforms in Ukraine – Phase II” in Ukraine since September 2018, funded by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany (hereinafter referred to as “the Donor”). DRI is involved in discussions about how new technologies are affecting democracies and producing studies in different political contexts and as part of its work DRI is analysing the role of social media in elections.
Within the project we are looking for experts in civic tech to write short contributions or analysis covering the role of social media in the Ukrainian Parliamentary elections.
Contributions will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Relevance of the topic
- Expertise of the authors on the topic and awareness of the issue
- Previous work and research in the area
The work should address one of the aspects related to the use of social media in the Parliamentary elections in Ukraine. Possible topics may include:
- Use of political ads during the electoral campaign
- Use of fake campaign pages
- Use of Facebook by political parties, media and fake campaign pages
- Applicants can propose other questions to be researched
Individuals or teams may apply. The applications should be submitted in English.
Please send us ([email protected]) by 10 July your CV and Application form, which should answer the following questions:
- Please describe your/your team’s relevant expertise (100 words)
- Which question would you like to research?
- Please propose a short summary of the paper (200 words)
- Please provide an outline for your publication (200 words)
- Please describe your methodology (including timeline and work-plan) (200 words)
- Why do you believe this paper is important? What will be its impact?
- Please include your fees and time needed to deliver the work.
Incomplete applications will be disqualified.