RFP # DRI-HQ-2018-07-001
Contracting Authority: Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
Nature of contract: Communication and Outreach services
Service Time Frame: 48 months from the date of signature
Payment Currency: EUR
Payment Method: Bank transfer
About Democracy Reporting International
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH (DRI) is a nonpartisan, independent, not-for-profit international organization registered in Berlin, Germany and operating in different parts of the world. This tender for services has been called to provide the communication and outreach services for its projects.
Description of the services required
The selected communication and outreach expert will provide strategic advice and support in the implementation of communication and outreach activities of DRI’s projects. The expert will be asked to provide input for communication plans and support colleagues in the successful execution of awareness-raising and advocacy campaigns. Given the current estimations, the expert would provide around 25 expert days per year for the different projects of DRI, subject to funding.
Tasks of the communication expert
Upon selection, the successful candidate will become DRI HQ’s official communications expert to contact for any support to communication and outreach related assignments. Services will include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualise, plan and implement communication strategies, communication editorials, and awareness-raising and advocacy campaigns in close coordination with the relevant Programme Officer and local staff;
- Hold trainings/webinars with staff or project partners to equip them with basic communications and visibility knowledge/skills;
- Train staff or project partners to successfully implement their communication plan, awareness-raising or advocacy campaigns during a mission;
- Draft communication materials upon request;
- Edit materials produced by staff or project partners;
- Boosting and publicising project outputs.
Requirements of the communication expert
- Completed university degree in communications, linguistic studies or other relevant field;
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated relevant work experience in the field of communications;
- Of these, a minimum of 3 years of work experience with NGOs in the field of democracy assistance on communications;
- Knowledge of democracy assistance, human rights and governance;
- In depth knowledge of communication strategies and technologies;
- Demonstrated experience creating communication and visibility products for EU projects;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Cultural and gender sensitivity.
How to apply
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should submit their applications including:
- CV of the applicant, highlighting relevant experience and qualifications and providing references of at least 2 previous clients/employers whom the applicant supported on similar assignments with contacts (authorised representative of the Company, telephone, fax, email);
- A one-page text explaining: i) the motivation, ii) past experience in the required field, iii) how the applicant can provide ad hoc services with access through cell phone, email etc. Please note your average response time after receiving a request/communication from client;
- Three relevant samples of the work;
- Completed Annex I Tender Submission Form;
- Completed Annex II Financial Proposal Form.
Completed tender document with signed cover letter should be submitted in a closed envelope which must be marked and addressed as follows: “Tender – Communication and Outreach Services” to the following address:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
Tender – “Communication and Outreach Services” – do not open
Closing date for applications: (23:59 CEST) 29 July 2018. Tender received after the deadline shall not be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Contents of this tender document
The document consists of the annexes indicated below and should be read in conjunction with any Addendum that may be issued by DRI.
Annex I: Proposal Submission Form
Annex II: Financial Proposal Form
Annex III: Criteria for Evaluation
The submission for this tender document does not entail any commitment on the part of DRI, either financial or otherwise.
Submission of queries for clarifications
Please address any commercial, technical and procedural questions at an early stage. Questions will be answered if they are received at the latest four working days before the closing of the tender. Questions have to be raised in writing by e-mail only to: email@example.com. DRI will endeavour to provide response/clarification expeditiously; any delay in providing such information will not be considered a reason for extending the submission date. DRI will share the clarification response with all the tenderers. Proposals with incomplete submissions may be rejected.
The contract will be awarded on best value for money basis.
The working language of DRI is English.
Your declarations of eligibility, requests to participate and bids must be submitted with an original signature. Scanned, faxed or other duplicated signatures cannot be accepted and will lead to your bid being disqualified from the competitive tender in accordance the German Regulation on the Award of Public Contracts (VgV).
Submitting an offer implies acceptance by the tenderer of all terms and conditions of this document and its annexes.
The entire evaluation procedure is confidential.
Notification of award
The successful tenderer will be informed in writing that its tender has been accepted. Subsequently, a contract with the successful tenderer is concluded.