Contracting Authority: Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
Nature of contract: Short term Expert contract; Social Media & Policy Expert
Location: Home based
Service Time Frame: 26 November 2018 – 10 January 2019, including 2-3 research trips within Europe
Payment Currency: EUR
Payment Method: Bank transfer
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a nonpartisan, independent, not-for-profit international organisation registered in Berlin, Germany, which promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
Description of the services required:
DRI strives to provide relevant and timely information on worldwide democratic topics and political developments. We are therefore looking at short notice for a freelance Social Media & Policy Expert who will research the policies and actions (incl. technical means) of selected EU member states in monitoring digital content with a view of protecting the space of democratic debate/preventing disinformation.
Given the current estimations, the freelancer would be hired to work from 26 November 2018 until 10 January 2019, including 2-3 research trips around Europe. Travel costs will be reimbursed according to the German National Travel Expenses Act (Bundesreisekostengesetz).
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Support the design of the methodology, including a questionnaire, until 3rd December
- Carry out desk reviews and hold interviews by phone or in person with government and civil society representatives in different EU member states, travel to 2-3 EU member state capitals for in-person interviews, share findings regularly with DRI, until end of December
- Write up all findings systematically on ca. 15 pages. Present key findings in graphic forms, 10th January (a professional graphic designer will put the final document graphically together)
Qualifications we require:
- University degree;
- Professional experience in areas such as social media research, democracy and elections monitoring;
- Basic understanding of methodologies of social media monitoring/listening;
- Experience in research and writing.
- Fluency in English required.
Place of performance:
How to apply
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
Interested applicants should submit their applications including:
- Cover letter and CV of the applicant, highlighting relevant experience and qualifications
- Completed Annex I Financial Proposal Form.
to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Social Media & Policy Expert).
Closing date for applications: (23:59 CEST) 25th November 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The submission for this tender document does not entail any commitment on the part of DRI, either financial or otherwise.
Submitting an offer implies acceptance by the tenderer of all terms and conditions of this document and its annex.
Organisation responsible for this call for tender:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10