Contracting Authority: Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
Nature of contract: Webdesign services
Service Time Frame: 24 months from the date of signature
Payment Currency: EUR
Payment Method: Bank transfer
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a nonpartisan, independent, not-for-profit international organisation registered in Berlin, Germany, which promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
Description of the services required: DRI strives to provide relevant and timely information on worldwide democratic topics and political developments. To make DRI’s website more efficient and effective, we wish to improve the usability and attractiveness of our online platform. Especially the search functions, presentation of publications and the provision of content in 8 different languages is core to our offer/service. Further, the content needs to be translated to other digital media platforms. Finally, the conception of news layouts and page templates and overseeing the implementation of DRI’s corporate design is essential. The overall objective is to provide design as well as technical support for DRI’s website.
DRI is therefore looking to recruit a freelance web designer who can design, maintain, update, troubleshoot and improve the organisation’s website, follow and apply the visual identity guidelines, professionally design all online layout related to DRI’s mission, ensure the website’s core functionality and improve DRI’s public visibility.
Given the current estimations, the freelancer would provide around 15 expert days per year for the different projects of DRI, subject to funding.
Your duties and responsibilities:
The web designer will work directly with DRI HQ team under the overall guidance of DRI’s Head of Finance & Administration. The web designer will perform the following tasks to support our online platform:
- Improve user experience (UX) on website; maintain website and ensure its running order (front end)
- General consultancy on orientation of online strategy in line with advocacy messages;
- Upon request, make recommendations for design, visualisation and graphic identity of page templates
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based and animated presentations;
- Ensure a professional visual image of multimedia content by introducing fixed styles, ensuring consistency in fonts, formatting, icons, images and designs, layout techniques
- Provide regular updates to DRI’s Head of Finance & Administration;
Qualifications we require:
- Completed degree in Graphic and/or Webdesign, Programming or a related field
- At least two years practical experience in graphic design, ideally in the non-profit area and/or civil society groups;
- Experience updating/managing web content via WordPress
- Familiarity with code preprocessors (e.g. SASS) and task automator workflows (e.g. Grunt);
- Experience with managing webhosts (inc. SSH)
- SEO optimisation and SMM management
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, working knowledge of German;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work with minimum supervision
Place of performance:
How to apply
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
Interested applicants should submit their applications including:
- CV of the applicant, highlighting relevant experience and qualifications and providing references of at least 2 previous clients/employers whom the applicant supported on similar assignments;
- At least 2 samples of previous work illustrating your experience;
- Completed Annex I Financial Proposal Form.
to the following email address: email@example.com (subject line: “Web Design Support DRI).
Closing date for applications: (23:59 CEST) 19th August 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The submission for this tender document does not entail any commitment on the part of DRI, either financial or otherwise.
Submitting an offer implies acceptance by the tenderer of all terms and conditions of this document and its annex.
Organisation responsible for this call for tender:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10