Nature of contract: Hotel Accomodation and Conference Facilities Services
Service Time Frame: 36 months from the date of signature
Maximum budget: up to EUR 200.000,00
1.About Democracy Reporting International
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organization registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide. DRI Tunisia Office has currently four projects focus on judicial institutions reforms, support to new independent bodies decentralization and empowerment of youth to engage in local democracy. DRI works with a wide range of partners and target groups including courts, attorneys, independent oversight bodies, members of parliament, local authorities, young leaders, civil society and journalists. DRI has been working in Tunisia since 2011 and registered since March 2012
2. Scope and description of the required Services:
DRI invites hotels in the grand city of Tunis and the town of Hammamet to participate in this tender for the provision of accommodation and conference facilities for DRI events and international visits. That includes but not limited to conferences, workshops, trainings and roundtables, missions of international experts and DRI headquarter staff. DRI anticipates signing a Framework Agreement for both locations with hotels that are successfully chosen in accordance to the terms and conditions stipulated in this tender document. DRI reserves the right to vary the quantity of work specified in these documents without any changes in unit price or other terms and conditions and to accept or reject any, all, or part of submitted offers. However, this tender in no way obligates DRI to issue a contract nor does it commit DRI to pay costs incurred in the preparation and submission of proposals. Furthermore, DRI reserves the right to reject any and all offers, if such action is considered to be in the best interest of DRI.
- Full board accommodation for DRI guests (Local Participants, National and international experts) and staff members.
- Half board accommodation for DRI guests and staff members
- Bed & Breakfast accommodation for DRI guests and staff members
- Day use
- Late check out.
- Conference rooms for DRI events to accommodate different size of events (from small working groups of 10 participants to conferences up to 200 participants)
- Meeting rooms with different size and shape options (U shape, Classroom, Round tables, Cinema, Cocktail…)
- Pick-up service from airport
- Security & Safety
3. Contract Duration:
The duration of the framework contract is set for 3 years from the date of signing the contract with the possibility of a further extension. At the beginning of each year, DRI should receive an updated list of prices for the services contained in the contract. Accepted price increase should not exceed 10% per year.
The submission for this tender document does not entail any commitment on the part of DRI, either financial or otherwise.
5. Eligibility of Tenderers:
This Invitation to tender is open to all hotels classified as Four- or Five-stars hotels and located in the grand city of Tunis and the Town of Hammamet as described in the terms and conditions of this tender document. Successful tenderers shall provide the services for the stipulated duration from the date of commencement (hereinafter referred to as the term) specified in the tender documents.
Service providers may not apply, and will be rejected as ineligible, if they:
- Are bankrupt or in the process of going bankrupt.
- Were convicted of illegal/corrupt activities, and/or unprofessional conduct.
- Have been guilty of grave professional misconduct (proven by any means which DRI can justify).
- Have not fulfilled obligations related to payment of social security and taxes.
- Are guilty of serious misinterpretation in supplying information, absconding with other person’s intellectual property.
- Are in situations of conflict or potential conflict of interest with DRI.
- Were declared at serious fault of implementation owing to a breach of their contractual obligations.
- Are on any list of sanctioned parties issued by the Tunisian Government.
6. Required Documents of the Tenderer
Tenderer Information Form (Annex I)*
- Tender Submission Form (Annex II) *
- Financial proposal (Annex III)*
- Declaration of Honour (Annex IV)*
- Registration (Patente)/ Tax registration certificate (immatriculation fiscale)*
- Certificate of classification from the ONTT
- Proof of insurance.
- Company Profile: (The hotel presentation: photos from the facilities, link to the website, number of meeting rooms, number of rooms, service banquet, available restaurants & opening hours, references of former clients, ISO Certification if obtained, …)**
* Mandatory document. Any missing document will disqualify your participation.
**Please provide us with all the info that we use for the assessment outlined below.
7. Submission of Bids
Duly prepared and signed Tender Documents must be submitted electronically:
Complete and signed Tender Documents must be submitted electronically (email@example.com) before (16/08/19 at 17h00 CET).
Only Tenders submitted to this e-mail address will be considered valid for further selection.
A confirmation of receiving the Tender Documents will be provided.
8. Operating Language
Questions raised by tenderers to this tender should be submitted by (05/08/19 at 17h00 CET) to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Framewok agreement of hotel accommodation and conference facilities: DRI/TN/FWC/01/2019”. The Tenderers will receive answers to their questions by (09/08/19 at 17h00 CET). Consolidated responses will be published on the website (as an additional document) on this tender page to all tenderers by (09/08/19 at 17h00 CET).
10. Opening of Tenders and Award Process
Tenders will be opened and reviewed by DRI Procurement Review Committee, and the winning tenders will be selected and notified within thirty (30) days after the submission deadline. DRI will notify those tenderers who submitted offers but were not selected. Such notification will be made within thirty (30) days after the submission deadline.
11. Award Criteria
The contract will be awarded on best value for money basis. Also see Full Call for Tender Document for more details (p. 6 ff.).