Call for Tender: Communication and awareness campaign services Lebanon
Title of the Assignment(s): Designing and implementing an Awareness-Raising Campaign on Decentralisation in Lebanon
Starting Date: March 2019
Duration: until 31 December 2019 with possibility of renewal or extension (framework contract)
Location: Beirut – Lebanon
Deadline: 6 March 2019, 12:00 PM local time
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
In the framework of its Lebanon projects on decentralisation, support to municipalities and local governance DRI is working with Lebanese civil society organisations and public officials to promote local governance in line with good governance principles. More specifically, our project “Setting an Agenda for Decentralisation in Lebanon” aims to reinforce effective cooperation between national and local governments and create platforms for coordination and exchange between citizens and local and national authorities.
DRI works closely with a consortium of Lebanese civil society organisations – Al-Idara bi-Mahalla – and cooperates with academics, think tanks and decentralisation practitioners. In 2019, DRI will use the findings of a comprehensive assessment of governance effectiveness in three key public service delivery sectors (waste management; municipal police and public safety; transparency and citizen participation) to launch a communication campaign and engage national and local government representatives, in addition to working with civil society partners to advocate for reform.
To this end, DRI is looking for a communications agency/expert experienced in designing awareness-raising campaigns. Applicants must have prior experience working with civil society organisations. With the support and under the supervision of DRI, the company shall:
Designing and implementing an Awareness-Raising Campaign:
- Design and implement an awareness-raising and communications campaign on DRI’s decentralisation portfolio;
- Execute appropriate “visualisations” in different formats, based on content provided by DRI, to be used for awareness and policy advocacy purposes;
- Work with DRI to implement the communications plan as per the key messages and SMART objectives determined by DRI to measure the success of the campaign.
- Other communications related work
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the DRI Country Representative in Lebanon and in close coordination with the Programme Associate Communications, the selected company will:
- Review DRI’s existing knowledge products (publications, animation videos, documentary films etc.) to provide DRI with technical expertise in framing key take-away messages for DRI’s awareness campaign;
- Implement a story-telling communication plan by generating audio-visual and communication outputs (e.g. info-graphics, GIFs, posters, brochures, blog, testimonies, videos of street interviews, success stories, for example: of neighbourhood initiatives and municipal initiatives) on decentralisation that are digestible and relevant to the targeted audiences;
- Convert data into accessible and engaging visualisations (original infographics, interactive web designs, GIFs, appealing and viewer-friendly for DRI’s publications and website) that frame the public discourse and propel political action;
- General consultancy on the communications strategy of DRI’s digital tools in line with the awareness campaign, including DRI’s social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc.), incl. online and social media advertising, and web page design;
- Ensure gender-sensitive communications throughout the campaign.
Qualifications we require:
- A company/ an expert based and registered in Lebanon with at least 3-5 years of relevant individual or collective experience in developing communications and social media strategies, and designing and advising political, public policy and civic participation campaigns;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in designing infographics and engaging visualisations for social media and/or web campaigns;
- Experience working with national and international NGOs in Lebanon.
- Familiarity with the topics of decentralisation, democratisation, good governance, waste management, gender-sensitive communications and transparency and citizen participation is a strong asset.
- Web design experience for citizen participation campaigns is a strong asset.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
If you are interested in this assignment, please send your application in PDF format consisting of the Annex I_Proposer Information Form, the Annex II_Sequence of Technical and Financial Proposal Submission and relevant samples of your portfolio to [email protected] cc’ing [email protected]. Clarification requests will be accepted until 1 March 2019, 12:00 PM local time.
Please include “Communication services – Lebanon” in the subject line and refer to the source where you have found this opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 6 March 2019, 12:00 PM local time. The assignment may start before the end of the deadline so early proposals are encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10
Remark: DRI is not bound to accept any tender and may award a contract for all or part only of the services. DRI reserves the right to cancel the tender process at any point without any liability.