Form of Employment: Short-term Consultancy
Starting Date: 16 January – 31 March 2017
Duration: Three expert days over a period of three months
Location: Beirut, Lebanon and deskwork
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
In the framework of its Lebanon Project “An Agenda for Decentralisation – Local Governance in Lebanon”, DRI is currently recruiting a Communications and Outreach Trainer/Consultant (f/m) for a short-term assignment. DRI Lebanon works with a consortium of local civil society organisations who seek to define their logo, identity, and communication and outreach strategy to advocate for sound and accountable local governance in Lebanon. Over a period of three months, the consultant will hold a half-day training each month with DRI Lebanon and the consortium to develop their communication and outreach strategy. The consultant will be working under the supervision of DRI’s Country Representative and in close cooperation with DRI team and the consortium members on the below tasks.
Your duties and responsibilities:
Hold three half-day trainings with the consortium members in which you
- Develop concrete branding proposals and design the logo of the consortium in agreement with DRI and the consortium members;
- Develop a communication and outreach strategy for the consortium in consultation with DRI and the consortium members;
- Provide advice on suitable communication and outreach tools and methods for the consortium to advocate for sound and accountable local governance in Lebanon;
- Provide DRI with a report about your trainings and their outcomes within a week after the last training session;
- Other relevant duties, as agreed upon with DRI.
Qualifications we require:
- University degree in media, communication and/or graphic design or other relevant fields;
- At least three years of work experience in the field of communications, media and/or design;
- Experience in the work with civil society organisations is a strong asset;
- Familiarity with the Lebanese context;
- IT and graphic skills;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work in a culturally diverse environment;
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Arabic.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
Interested candidates must send their application (cover letter and CV) in one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Communications and Outreach Trainer – Lebanon” in the subject line. Candidates must mention the source in which they found this opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 15 January 2017. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview the latest by 20 January 2017.
The position may be filled before the end of the deadline. Early applications are encouraged.