Consultancy on Digital Work and Advocacy Facilitation
Form of Employment: Short term consultancy
Position Location: Yangon or remote (Online consultancy)
Reporting lines: Country Representative Myanmar
Contract Period: ASAP – max 3 working days (2 preparation days and handout drafting, 1-day webinar)
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
As part of the EU funded project “STEP II”, DRI will be delivering a series of webinars to domestic election observers, covering different topics such as reporting skills, social media and elections, response to Covid 19 and elections etc. DRI is recruiting a Digital Consultant to deliver a webinar for a network of CSOs based in Myanmar, on digital working and online advocacy tools.
The trainings will focus on CSOs learning the basic skills to work remotely as well as to organise webinars and online dialogues. The consultant will prepare and deliver a one-day training session, and a short-written resource overview on tools and tips for online-work, covering:
- Introduction to the different platforms/softwares on online learning and working within a team
- Tools for webinars, online dialogues and digital advocacy;
- Do’s and don’ts for hosting successful webinars.
The consultant will also deliver a short handout with key do’s and don’ts as well as a list of available resources.
- Proven and accomplished practical experiences relating with online learning or online communication platforms/tools/software;
- A minimum of one-year relevant experience in delivering online trainings, preferably experience delivering webinars and using online working tools with CSOs;
- Knowledge of the Myanmar context, preferably elections;
- Knowledge of specific challenges in Myanmar such as slow internet, frequent electricity blackouts, etc.;
- Knowledge of Myanmar language will be considered an asset.
DRI values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications is 3rd May.
Candidates should submit a CV to email@example.com with ‘Digital Work and Advocacy Facilitation (Myanmar)’ in the subject line.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10