Form of Employment: Short-term consultancy
Starting Date: End of October 2020
Duration: Until 15th of February 2021
Location: Remote Deskwork
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide. The working language is English.
Due to continuous growth and an organisational change process, the structures and requirements for managers at DRI have changed in recent years. DRI has around 100 employees worldwide from 26 nations, of which around 20-25 are currently managers, depending on the definition of ‘manager.’ Leadership can be lived according to cultural norms, but at the same time, an organisation-wide understanding of it should be developed (regardless of the different cultural backgrounds), which should be incorporated into the organisational culture. Based on the key qualifications derived from this, the competencies of the managers in the headquarters and in the country offices are to be further expanded. Subsequently, a tailor-made leadership program should be developed that can be realistically implemented in an NGO.
- Development of a leadership model based on an analysis of the needs of DRI and in line with the organisational culture and structure (determined on the basis of interviews with key positions in HQ and country offices or other suitable measures to obtain information);
- Based on the leadership model, identification of key qualifications (development of a competency profile for managers), taking into account the country offices and their cultural characteristics;
- Subsequent advice on how these competencies can be further developed/promoted and communicated in the organisation. Concrete proposals for measures for the development of the various competencies will be expected, for example in the form of online trainings, peer approaches, coaching, suitable leadership programs, etc. and suggestions of how these measures can be integrated into common HR processes (on-boarding, employee appraisals, personnel development, etc.).
- Creation of a leadership model that suits DRI and is in harmony with the organisational culture;
- Creation of a competency profile for managers at DRI;
- Catalogue of measures to develop/promote competencies, including information on integration into HR processes.
Your Skills and Experience:
- At least ten years of practical experience in the field of leadership development, preferably for international NGOs;
- Proven expertise in designing leadership programmes and consulting in organisational development, specifically HR processes;
- Recent experience in successfully performing similar services, preferably with international governmental or non-profit organisations;
- Active listening, strong analytical thinking, attention to detail, organisational skills, timeliness, and work ethic;
- High process expertise and highly solution-oriented;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
How to Send Your Offer:
If you are interested in this consultancy, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CV with references to comparable assignments, ideally at international NGOs;
- Financial offer stating the days required and the respective daily rate;
- Presentation of the procedure for creating the required deliverables.
Please include “Consultant Leadership Development” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 29 October 2020. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
12045 Berlin, Germany