Form of Employment: Short-term consultancy
Position Location: Home-based
Reporting lines: Country Representative Myanmar
Contract Period: 27 September 2020 – 15 October 2020
Estimated days: Lump sum
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a Communications Expert to support activities under the GIZ-funded project, Myanmar Vision 2030: Supporting Voices for Pluralism. Values, rights and religion: Change makers’ vision for Myanmar 2030 – PHASE II. As part of the project, DRI will conduct a contest to support an online communication campaign for the protection of diversity through pluralism.
Duties and responsibilities
The Consultant will work with the selected civil society organization (CSO) that will win the selection/contest for a communication campaign to protect diversity and pluralism in Myanmar.
The Communications Expert will be expected to:
- Provide advice on the online campaign design, review and improve the campaign concept note and campaign plan
- Provide a half-day online training on online communication campaigning to the selected CSO
- Support the CSO in implementing each step of the campaign
- Provide feedback on campaign reach and adjust campaign if and as needed.
The consultant will work with the partner from 27 September to 15 October. A maximum of 10 fee days is expected to complete this assignment. Teams of several experts can present their application together.
- University degree in communications, media studies, journalism, political or social science, international development, or other relevant fields;
- At least two years of work experience in communications, journalism or a related circle.
- Experience in writing, editing, proof-reading and designing communication outputs in an engaging style for online platforms;
- Experience in managing social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.);
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, ability to work under pressure and as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Proficiency in English, Burmese will be considered an advantage.
DRI values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for applications is 22 September 2020.
Candidates should submit a CV to [email protected] with ‘Communications Expert’ in the subject line.