Position Title: Crisis Communication Expert (m/f/d)
Form of Employment: Short term assignments
Starting Date: ASAP
Duration: May 26, 2020-July 26, 2020 (up to 6 billable working days)
Location: Homebased work
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI has supported the constitution-making process and its implementation in Tunisia since 2011 by working with the constitution-making and legislative assemblies, executive, judiciary, civil society , and legal community.
In Tunisia, Municipalities and local CSOs play a crucial role during crises. Creating awareness and enhancing knowledge about the challenges through effective crisis communication is crucial for preparing local populations for further emergency situations and for creating community-based response measures. In order to provide municipalities and civil society activists with timely and relevant support that enables them to respond to the current health crisis in an inclusive and citizen-centered manner, DRI will offer series of four webinars on crisis communication conducted by an Arabic-speaking expert for around 100 participants
The expected audience will include elected municipal councils and civil society activists from five Tunisian Governorates, namely Siliana, Gafsa, Sfax, Tozeur, and Sidi Bouzid.
This webinar will provide the participants with the opportunity to learn about the technologies, systems, good practices, and protocols that facilitate effective communication during an emergency. Attendees will also expand their knowledge on how to create and implement a crisis communication plan.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Consultation with DRI team to set up the content of the webinar modules that meet the needs of beneficiaries as fully as possible.
- Familiarization with the Tunisian health context and, relevant documents and existing materials that will be provided by DRI.
- Preparing, and conducting four webinars on crisis communication; An entire session will be dedicated to sensitise participants on building gender and inclusion considerations into their upcoming crisis communication plans.
- Designing the webinar series and preparing training materials
- Conducting four webinar sessions (2 hours each).
- Final report
Your skills and experience:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) and at least 7 years of work experience preferably in communication, media, higher education, or civil society
- Strong knowledge of crisis communications, public health communications, and/or crisis response techniques
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate complex ideas to non-specialist audiences
- Proficiency in Arabic and English
- Good understanding of COVID-19 and or other health emergencies
- Strong understanding of the Tunisian context is considered an asset
- Relevant experience in conducting webinars
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to Gender equality and minorities rights.
- Data visualization skills and knowledge of relevant software to produce infographics is a plus
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV including three references to [email protected]. Please include “Crisis Communication expert” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 25.05.2020.
The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Note: DRI will accept joint applications of two or more experts, if they consider that the combination of their skills makes a better offer, as long as the total number of days allocated to the tasks is not exceeded.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon gender (including pregnancy), ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10