Position title: CSO Registration Toolkit Expert (Pakistan)
Starting date: July 2021
Duration: Up to 10 working days (approximate)
Location: Desk work with travel to Islamabad and provincial capitals
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
In an upcoming project, DRI Pakistan is planning to engage with parliamentarians and government bodies to discuss the role of NGOs and how they can effectively assist the socio-economic development of Pakistan in our unique national context. The overall objective of the project is to work with the government to create a conducive environment for civil society and media.
DRI seeks the services of an Expert/Consultant to develop a toolkit that will enable the CSOs to follow a stepwise approach to register themselves with the government while giving them the information to pick the most appropriate law for them. The design of the tool kit will be made extremely user friendly and preferably in the Urdu language for wider outreach.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct a literature review of all relevant government policies, rules, processes, strategies, action plans and laws on CSO registration and operations in the country.
- Conduct needs analysis with the CSOs and the Government bodies.
- Hold meetings with relevant stakeholders to gather data and information regarding CSO registration and registration process.
- Draft a toolkit step-wise highlighting the key requirements for CSO registration and operational requirements under various laws applicable to CSOs. The toolkit will draw from the country procedures as well as include recommendations from international and regional good practices.
- Engagement with stakeholders to receive feedback on the draft toolkit and incorporate accordingly to finalise the product.
Qualifications we require:
- University degree in Development Studies/Human Rights /Law/ Political Science or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in working with the Government, particularly in developing training modules/toolkits for government and CSOs and delivering training to the same.
- Excellent understanding of the issues being faced by the Civil Society in the country and the domestic legal and operational framework applicable to registration and regulation of civil society organisations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English and Urdu language.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to [email protected]. Please include “Pakistan: CSO Registration Toolkit Expert” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Women are encouraged to apply! Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2021. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
12045 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 (0)30 2787730-0 Fax: +49 (0)30 2787730-10