Position Title: Data Entry Operator (working student/werkstudent)
Form of Employment: Part-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 10 weeks (with the possibility for reduced hours work in further weeks)
Location: Berlin-based (although most work will be done remotely)
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting a Berlin-based, part-time Data Entry Operator. Under the overall supervision of the Director of Programmes, you will update and maintain information on our company databases and computer systems.
Data Entry Operator responsibilities include collecting and entering experts’ CV data in our company database and maintaining accurate records. Our ideal candidate has essential data entry skills, like an eye for detail and familiarity with Office 365 SharePoint libraries and lists.
Hourly remuneration for this position is 10 EUR/hour. It is expected the Data Entry Operator would work 10-15 hours/week. We expect that the Data Entry Operator will input roughly four CVs per hour.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Input experts’ CV data by inputting text based and numerical information from source documents within time limits;
- Review data for deficiencies or errors;
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents when necessary;
- Scan documents and print files, when needed;
- Respond to queries for information and access relevant files;
- Comply with data integrity and security policies;
Qualifications we require:
- Proficiency in English;
- Enrolled in, or completed, university degree in a social science field;
- Demonstrated content knowledge familiarity with themes such as democratisation, rule of law, elections, civil society, human rights, gender, etc.;
- Familiarity with players in the international development field (and their CV formats), such as the UN and European Union, etc., a strong advantage;
- Prior office experience;
- Computer literacy; specific experience with Office 365 SharePoint considered an advantage;
- Familiarity with administrative duties;
- Attention to detail;
- Confidentiality/ ability to adhere here to, and work within data protection guidelines and policies;
- Student status; must be enrolled in university throughout the duration of the contract!!;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to email@example.com. Please include “Data Entry Operator [your name]” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications has been extended until: 23:59 (CEST) 3 July 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10