Contracting Authority: Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
Nature of Contract: Graphic Design and Web Developer Services
Starting Date: January 2019
Service Time Frame: One-year Framework Contract
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
In Libya, DRI has been supporting the constitution-drafting process and the work of Libyan civil society organisations on topics related to the constitution, human rights and local governance. Under this project, DRI will be working with its local partners and networks to create a conducive environment for the next steps of the political transition. To do so, DRI, in close cooperation with its local partners, will raise awareness among citizens (online and offline) on the relevance of democratic milestones of the transition and facilitate exchange between citizens and relevant political and institutional actors (such as representatives of the National Election Commission, the Constitution Drafting Assembly and others).
Description of the services required: To provide relevant and timely information on DRI’s work in Libya, DRI will be producing monthly social media monitoring reports and frequent publications in an interactive web-based format. Therefore, DRI are looking for service providers with an expertise in graphic design and/or web development, preferably both, who will develop original and clear infographics, and publication and web designs that are appealing and viewer-friendly for DRI’s audience. These services will be conducted through a Framework Call-down contract.
Your duties and responsibilities:
The graphic designer/web developer will work under the guidance of DRI’s Berlin HQ Programme Officer and Country Project Manager, as well as working in close coordination with the Social Media Expert to develop graphics for the social media monitoring reports. The graphic designer/ web developer will perform the following tasks to support DRI’s publications in Libya:
- Develop original infographics and interactive web designs that are clear, appealing and viewer-friendly for DRI’s publications on Libya’s constitutional reform process and other related topics;
- Design cover pages and other elements for DRI publications when required;
- Develop digital graphics such as banners, covers, headers, text-based pictures as suitable for publications if required;
- Submit preliminary designs for DRI’s review;
- Prepare revised designs after incorporating DRI’s feedback;
- Upon request, make recommendations for design, visualisation and graphic identity of webpage templates;
- Where needed, research additional materials to strengthen the information in the infographics.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, media production, web development, communication or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in designing infographics for publications, social media and/or advocacy campaigns;
- Proven graphic designing and web developing abilities for publications and social media platforms in the area of political reforms;
- Willingness to work with minimum supervision;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter, CV and at least two samples of work illustrating your experience) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Graphic Design/Web Developer Support DRI” in the subject line and indicate whether you are applying as a Graphic Designer, Web Developer or both, and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Extended deadline for applications: 31 December 2018. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10