Duration: Three months, May through July 2019
Location: Berlin, Germany
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting an intern for its Berlin headquarters to support its GSP+ Global Human and Labour Rights project with a specific focus on the financial and budgetary aspects of the project.
- Assist in preparation of internal and external financial reports;
- Assist in checking project expenses and justification documents;
- Support the reconciliation of bookkeeping records;
- Assist in maintaining finance files and other related resources;
- Contribute to the preparation of the Interim Report;
- Assist in maintaining project files, databases and other resources;
- Support in drafting and scheduling content for social media channels;
- Other relevant duties as required.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Previous office experience;
- Excellent oral and written English;
- Proficiency in key computer applications, such as Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (WordPress) is preferred;
- Experience in project cycle management and research is an asset;
- Spanish and/or Portuguese skills are an asset;
- Student status; must be enrolled in university throughout the duration of the internship;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
The internship is full time (i.e. 40 hours/week), for a duration of three months. A monthly internship allowance of 400 € will be provided, unless you already receive outside internship funding, such as from Erasmus.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Moreover, DRI offers you an internship with flexible working hours and working in a multicultural team in the heart of Berlin.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “GSP+ Project Intern- [your name]” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity.
The deadline for applications is 19 April 2019 23:59. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so early applications are encouraged. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you are shortlisted, Skype interviews will take place soon after the deadline has ended.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10