Position: Project & Digital Media Assistant – Lebanon (m/f/d)
Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: 18 January 2021
Duration: One year, with the possibility of extension
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Project & Digital Media Assistant for its country office in Lebanon to support the communications team in increasing audience engagement with DRI’s work.
- Support the implementation and further development of DRI’s communications, strategy and tools, including DRI’s social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Support DRI’s reporting on activities and knowledge products in the form of news and feature stories
- Support the development of media relations (writing press materials and kits, drafting and editing comment pieces, in English and Arabic; developing and maintaining contacts with Lebanon-based and regional media professionals)
- Develop visual materials, including infographics and videos as well as co-draft and edit scripts for videos (animation videos, short documentary films), animations and visualisations (graphs, icons, charts etc.)
- Support the preparation, implementation and follow-up of project activities including support to concept notes, agenda, invitation letters, participant lists, evaluation materials, and general administrative tasks
- Contribute to internal and donor reporting through writing and researching for weekly, monthly and narrative reports
- Support quality control, including copywriting and proofreading of print and online outputs; Support the knowledge management of DRI’s media outputs for Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) purposes, e.g. success stories, photos, videos, events, press releases, updated stakeholders list, DRI mailing list
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience
- University degree in communications, media studies digital marketing, graphic design, or related field
- 1–2 years of experience in digital communications, copywriting and editing, and ability to write engaging media content for a variety of audiences
- Proficiency in visual design, video production, website and social media platforms management, particularly using Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Web and graphics design (such as Photoshop and illustrator), in addition to editing videos using Premiere Pro
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Knowledge of governance, democracy standards and international human rights conventions is a strong asset
- Creativity and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
What We Offer
DRI offers you flexible working hours, travel health insurance, training options, and the opportunity to work as part of an international and diverse team.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) here.
Closing date for applications: 04 January at 08.00 AM Beirut time. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
12045 Berlin, Germany