STEP2 Democracy – Support to Electoral Processes and Democracy in Myanmar Phase II
Form of Employment: Short-Term consultancy
Position Location: Online or Yangon-based (depending on Covid 19 restrictions for events)
Reporting lines: Country Representative Myanmar
Contract Period: June-July initial contract for 16 fee-days, with the possibility of extension
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
As part of the EU funded programme “STEP Democracy Phase II”, DRI will design and implement a series of trainings on the legal framework for elections in Myanmar, mostly targeting civil society organisations working on election reforms, inclusiveness and election observation as well as members of political parties.
Objective and Role
The two election experts will work with DRI team in designing the curriculum for seven modules, each module covering 1 to 2 aspects of the electoral cycle. The two experts will deliver at least one batch of the trainings, sharing the work.
Overview and approximate workload
- Development of pre-learning online knowledge assessment (baseline): 2 days, 1 day each
- Development of curriculum for 6 modules (in cooperation with DRI): 12 days, 6 days each
- Consultations and Feedback: 4 days maximum, 2 days each
- Delivery of curriculum (2 batches): 12 days, 6 days each
- Review and evaluation, 2 days, one day each
Total consultant days 32
Home-based, online work with the possibility of physical training if Government restrictions for Covid 19 allow.
- Professional experience in work with civil society organisations, academia or government bodies in election assessment or implementation of elections;
- Demonstrated expertise with Myanmar elections and election laws, including constitutional law and administrative regulation;
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings, in particular interactive adult training facilitation;
- Fluent in written and spoken Burmese, good English level (trainings will be delivered in Burmese language);
DRI values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications is 5th June.
Candidates should submit a CV to email@example.com with ‘Election Experts (Myanmar)’ in the subject line.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10