Join us online from 15.00 to 18.00 CEST (16.00 to 19.00 Kyiv time) on 21 September 2022
On September 21, the Reanimation Package of Reforms Coalition in cooperation with Democracy Reporting International and the Center of Policy and Legal Reform will organise an online conference: “Preserving and Developing Ukraine’s Democracy: What are the Current and the Future Challenges of Democratic Transformation?”.
The event is aimed to consolidate the efforts of civil society, the Parliament, the Government and international partners to ensure a sustainable process of implementing democratic reforms in Ukraine.
- What is the current state of democracy in Ukraine? Should democratic reforms be introduced during the war?
- What threats to democracy could be expected after the war?
- How will European integration affect democratic development?
- Sustainability of Ukraine's democratic transformations: how should international partners continue to provide support?
Watch the event live
Read the event report
15:00 - 16:30 CEST (16.00 to 17.30 Kyiv time) | Panel Discussion: Justice, Constitutionalism and Governance
- Ihor Koliushko, Centre of Policy and Legal Reform
- Yuliia Kyrychenko, Co-Chairwoman of the RPR Coalition Board
- Halyna Chyzhyk, expert at the Anti-Corruption Action Center
Moderator: Michael Meyer-Resende, Executive Director of Democracy Reporting International
16:45 - 17:45 CEST (17.45 to 18.45 Kyiv time) | Panel Discussion: Media, Political Parties and Electoral Reforms
- Victoria Podhorna, Member of Parliament, member of the Parliament Committee on on Digital Transformation
- Yaroslav Yurchyshyn, Member of Parliament, First Deputy Head of the Parliament Committee on Anti-Corruption Policy
- Iryna Konstankevych, Member of Parliament, Member of the Committee on Humanitarian and Information Policy
- Michael Meyer-Resende, Democracy Reporting International
- Oksana Romaniuk, Executive Director of the Institute of Mass Information
- Ihor Rozkladai, Deputy Director, Chief Expert on Media Law at the Centre for Democracy and Rule of Law
Moderator: Andrii Kulakov, Programme Director, the Internews-Ukraine (TBC)
17:45 - 18:15 CEST (18.45 to 19.15 Kyiv time) | Challenges to Parliamentarism in Wartime and After Victory and a Q&A Session
- Oleksandr Kornienko, first deputy chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
Moderator: Yulia Kyrychenko, Co-Chairwoman of the RPR Coalition Board
The conference is organized by DRI Ukraine, the Center of Policy and Legal Reform within the USAID Rada: Next Generation Program and the Reanimation Package of Reforms Coalition. The discussion paper on the results of the event will be prepared for further elaboration and advocacy.