Democracy Reporting International is implementing the EU-funded project Supporting Human and Labour Rights through GSP+ in the following countries: Armenia, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, and Sri Lanka.
The general objective of this EIDHR project is that civil society and social partners become effective advocates and drivers of change ensuring that EU Generalised Scheme of Preferences Plus (GSP+) beneficiary countries meet their commitments to effectively implement core international conventions. The specific objectives are supporting and empowering civil society/social partners in monitoring the relevant conventions under the GSP+ process; and supporting the implementation and reforms necessary for scheme beneficiary countries to meet their commitments under the 15 human and labour rights conventions of GSP+.
Objective of the Assignment
DRI is currently recruiting a home-based expert to provide expertise and support to the local organisations (CSOs), including two of DRI’s Country Offices, implementing project activities. The expert will increase CSOs’ understanding of the GSP+ scheme in all of its components.
Duties and responsibilities
In consultation with DRI’s team in Berlin, the Expert will be tasked with the following deliverables:
- Plan and deliver an interactive webinar training module on GSP+. The aim of the training is to provide a thorough understanding of the GSP+ scheme. The webinar will target the project implementers (local CSOs’ staff), who are non-experts but with background knowledge of the scheme. (DRI reserves the right to identify the participant list and alter it at any point).
- The interactive webinar should be delivered in two sessions of two hours each in the period between 1 and 18 September 2017. After the two sessions, the expert should be available to reply via email to specific questions arising from the participants, that were not addressed during the sessions.
- A Power Point presentation should be developed to accompany the module and a list of relevant materials and sources should be prepared as reference for the participants. The expert will share the draft module with DRI and take into account any inputs and feedback provided.
Location and duration of the assignment
The Expert will work from his/her home base. The interactive webinar should be developed and conducted in the period between 1 and 18 September 2017
- Advanced university degree in Law, Political Science, Social Sciences, or a related discipline;
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of GSP+ in all its aspects and regulations;
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Sound understanding of the relevant 15 Human and Labour rights conventions related to GSP+ would be an asset;
- Knowledge of EU trade policy;
- Previous working experiences in some of the target countries would be an asset;
- Previous working experience with the EU would be an asset;
- Excellent English language skills; knowledge of Spanish would be a strong asset.
For interested applicants, please send your application (cover letter, CV and quotation) to [email protected]. Please include “GSP+ Expert” in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is midnight (CET) 7 August 2017. The role may be filled before the end of the deadline, so early applications are encouraged. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.