Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine; travel within the country required according to the project needs.
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI has been present in Ukraine since September 2014. Together with the Institute of International Relations of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, DRI has worked with major Ukrainian civic initiatives to provide systematic monitoring and reporting on the key political reforms. The aims of the project are (1) to provide Ukrainian and international public with regular first-hand reports and analyses of ongoing political reforms, feeding international standards and comparative practice into the reform discussions, and (2) to build capacities of regional and local civil society groups, youth organisations and students for monitoring, analysis and advocacy for reforms. The project is funded by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Finance and Administration Officer for its country office in Kyiv, Ukraine. In collaboration with, and under supervision of the Country Representative in Kyiv and the Director of Finance and Administration in Berlin, you will manage and supervise the administrative and financial operations of DRI´s project in Ukraine.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly financial reports for DRI Headquarters, monthly wire transfer requests and regular expenditure forecasts for budget monitoring purposes;
- Process payments (cash and bank) and prepare all accounting records, including invoices, bank documents, cash receipts and cash disbursement journals;
- Prepare procurement documentation and maintain a procurement system according to donor and DRI requirements;
- Coordinate on procurement and logistics matters and liaise with local vendors and partners on related financial matters;
- Maintain a human resources and payroll system, as well as an electronic and physical filing system for administrative and financial records;
- Draft and oversee implementation of all administrative policies, procedures and templates, including human resource policy, travel policy, vehicle usage policy, leave tracking templates etc.
- Be the main contact person for financial and administrative external stakeholders (bank, lawyers, state authorities regarding office registration, etc.);
- Deal with legal issues, including the preparation and/or verification of contracts, in coordination with the Country Representative;
- Manage the project office, including IT issues, in coordination with the Country Representative and HQ;
- Ensure that the project office meets all donor requirements, Ukrainian legal requirements as well as DRI internal regulations;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Qualifications we require:
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration or relevant discipline;
- Minimum three years of experience in administration and financial management; with demonstrated experience (at least one year) of working in a similar role for not-for-profit organisations;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Ukrainian, including the ability to draft and revise texts, both for contracts and reports.
- Ability to analyse information from different sources and synthesise this information into coherent and brief reports;
- Sound knowledge of financial management principles, in particular with regard to project management and allocation of resources;
- Strong time management skills and capability to meet strict deadlines;
- Excellent IT-skills, including proficient knowledge of Excel;
- Self-motivation and good communication skills are a strong asset for this position.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
Moreover, DRI offers you flexible working hours, training opportunities and working as part of an international and multicultural team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to [email protected]. Please include “Finance and Administration Officer UA” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 27 October 2019 (midnight). The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10