Position Title: Finance Associate (f/m)
Form of Employment: Full-time
Position Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Contract Duration: From 15 August 2017 until 31 March 2018 (possible extension subject to funding)
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI operated in Pakistan since 2010, supporting Pakistani stakeholders in undertaking electoral reforms, human rights compliance and strengthening parliamentary institutions. DRI has worked with the federal parliament, provincial assemblies, the Pakistan Institute for Parliamentary Affairs (PIPS), the National Commission for Human Rights (NCHR), and the Sindh Human Rights Commission (SHRC), among other national stakeholders. Currently, DRI is implementing a project on the promotion of human rights and good governance in Pakistan funded by the German Federal Foreign Office. Therefore, DRI is now recruiting a full-time Finance Associate for its country office in Pakistan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance Associate will be responsible for providing day to day financial assistance in general project implementation and management. The Finance Associate will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Finance & Administration and overall supervision of Country Representative. S/He will perform the following duties:
- Prepare Payment Vouchers (Bank/Cash) for approvals along-with complete supporting documentations;
- Ensure timely payments including salaries, utilities and vendor invoices;
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditures and their conformity to budget lines and availability of funds;
- Process travel/field advance payment requests in line with the DRI-PK travel policy;
- Regular update budget and expense follow-up sheets and provide financial reports to the management as and when needed;
- Control all the budget releases according to the budget line items;
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports, scans of complete financial documentation;
- Prepare tax challans and ensure timely deposits to government treasury;
- Regular update of income and with-holding tax monitoring sheets and issue tax deposit certificates to vendors/staff on regular basis;
- Maintain cheque book records with bank;
- Prepare regular bank reconciliation, petty-cash reconciliation, etc.;
- Perform any other related duties, which may be assigned by supervisors.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Accountancy/Finance;
- At least three years of relevant professional experience, preferably with international organisations;
- Advanced skills of MS Office applications, especially excellent knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of financial management tools (Quick-Book software) will be an asset;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in an international environment;
- Fluent in English and Urdu.
For interested applicants, please submit your application (cover letter, CV and three references) to email@example.com with “Finance Associate – Pakistan” as the subject heading and supporting documents in the following format: SURNAME_FIRSTNAME_FINANCE_ASSOCIATE
Closing date for applications: 31 July 2017.
The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
DRI reserves the decision to re-advertise the position, cancel the recruitment at any stage, offer appointment at a position lower than the one advertised or offer the position with a modified job description or period of appointment.
DRI is an equal opportunity employer. Equally competent females and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
This is a locally recruited position. DRI offers a competitive salary according to donor regulations and incumbent experience.