Starting Date: November 2020
Duration: 14 months (Nov 2020 -Dec 2021), with the possibility of extension
Location: Kyiv, UkraineDemocracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes the political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI has supported Ukraine’s democratic transformation since 2014 through an office in Kyiv and an outreach around the country. Our focus has been on political education, youth participation as well as on awareness-raising on constitutional/judicial reforms issues, decentralisation, democracy and the rule of law.
In 2020-2021, DRI aims to carry on this work through a dedicated project focused on youth engagement, CSO capacity building in the (south) east of Ukraine, and the rule of law issues arising from the post -COVID-19 environment.
For this, DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Finance, HR and Administration Officer. Under the overall supervision of the Finance, HR and Administration Coordinator (FHAC), the Finance, HR and Administration Officer will support the country office in its management of project funds, the administration of office assets and the provision of admin HR support. Throughout, they will need to ensure compliance with any donor and legal requirements, as well as fidelity to DRI’s internal policies and procedures.
The Finance, HR and Administration Officer will have the following tasks:
- Support the team in routine matters in relation to administration and financial activities of the project as well as the DRI Kyiv office;
- Under the guidance of the FHAC, update the relevant project related financial reports with transactions and activities on a daily basis, contacting service providers to ensure collection of all appropriate documents etc.;
- Under the guidance of the FHAC, check the accuracy of financial documents forwarded for payments in line with the DRI financial, administrative, procurement, travel and security policies;
- Coordinate on procurement and logistics matters and liaise with local vendors and partners on related financial matters;
- Interact with counterparts concerning logistical issues, supportive documentation and deliverables providing in line with the DRI financial, administrative, procurement, travel and security policies;
- Prepare vouchers, reconciliation of monthly project advance settlements, scanning of financial documentations etc.; archiving of the documents;
- Process payments in the absence and upon authorisation of the supervisor as well as support the vendors / suppliers in creating strong documentation for DRI, especially during the business trips in regions;
- Contribute to procurement of project items, office supplies, consumables and other maintenance activities, if necessary;
- Provide the logistical and administrative support to the project team with travel arrangements including visa and tickets, hotel reservations, communication kits, and collect supportive documents from participants and service providers especially during the travels etc.;
- Act as the main focal point for the administration of the office including tasks such as inventory management, asset management, facility repairs and maintenance and logistics;
- Perform any other related duties, which may be assigned.
Your skills and experience
- University degree in finance, accounting, business administration / commerce;
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience;
- Understanding and experience of human resources, information technology, procurement and logistics aspects of administration;
- Understanding and experience of facility and asset/inventory management;
- Excellent attention to detail to numbers and commitment to quality;
- Knowledge and experience in working with Microsoft (MS) Excel and other MS Office products;
- Fluency in Ukrainian.
- Advanced written and spoken English and Russian;
- Experience in a non-governmental organization working on the basis of donor regulations;
- Understanding of or interest in the political context and democratic reform process in Ukraine is desirable.
What we offer
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your application (cover letter and CV) here. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: 27 October 2020. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (except extremism), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH