Position Title: Interpreter/Translator (EN<>SP)
Form of Employment: Consecutive Interpretation & Translation services
Service Timeframe: 7 months from the date of signature
Payment Currency: Euro
Payment Method: Bank Transfer
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is implementing the EU-funded project ‘Promoting Human and Labour Rights through GSP+’ in the following countries: Armenia, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines and Sri Lanka. The general objective of this EIDHR project is that civil society and social partners become effective advocates and drivers of change ensuring that EU Generalised Scheme of Preferences Plus (GSP+) beneficiary countries meet their commitments to effectively implement core international conventions.
DRI is currently recruiting a services of a consecutive interpreter/translator who will assist in communication between DRI’s HQ project staff and the Paraguay partner, Centro de Análisis y Difusión de la Economía Paraguaya (CADEP). Main purpose of the communications will be to assess progress in the implementation of project activities and to receive feedback. A detailed description of the project will be made available to the interpreter before the calls, to allow him/her to get familiar with the content and the lexicon.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- To be available for calls, which will last around 45 to 60 minutes, and be available for an additional 15 minutes beforehand to prepare the phone call with the relevant partner in person (expected need: at least one phone call per month). Calls will be arranged in advance and a calendar will be made available with indicative dates;
- There might be a possible arrangement for providing services of translation/interpretation for our the Bolivian partner, Centro de Estudios para el Desarrollo Laboral y Agrario – CEDLA via joining the call from any suitable location;
- Translation of some communication materials from English to Spanish and vice versa, and of some activity reports from Spanish to English (expected need: 20 pages every 10 months) ;
- To maintain a professional and diplomatic demeanour at all times while acting as a representative of DRI.
Location and duration of the assignment:
- Must be based in Paraguay and must be physically present at CADEP office in Asunción for all instances of interpretation;
- Consecutive interpretation may be required in Asunción, Paraguay (depending on where the interpreter/translator is based) during conferences, meetings or other project-related events.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (mother-tongue SP speakers strongly preferred);
- Demonstrated experience working as a professional interpreter and translator;
- Experience (academic or professional) with the topics of human & labour rights, EU trade policy, UN agencies, and/or civil society participation desirable.
Application to tender:
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
For interested applicants, please send your tender, including the following documents to email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- Financial remuneration proposal, listing:
- hourly and daily rates for interpretation;
- and rates per word/page for translation.
Please include “Interpreter & Translator (EN<>SP)” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 23:59 (CEST) 10 March 2019. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Tenders will be evaluated on a best value for money basis, according to the below criteria:
|S#||Description of Technical/ Financial Evaluation||Max Marks||Obtained|
|Expert Profile EVALUATION PART (60 Marks):|
|1.||Years of relevant experience in the field (1 mark per year, max marks for 7 years or more of experience)||7|
|2.||Education (formal qualifications as interpreter or translator are not required, but represent an added value)||3|
|3.||Specialist knowledge (academic or professional experience with the topics of human & labour rights, EU trade policy, UN agencies, and/or civil society represent an added value)||5|
|FINANCIAL EVALUATION PART (40 Marks):|
|4.||Marks Obtained on Price Quoted in Section:
Marks Allocation Formula:
Lowest Financial Proposal/ Proposal Under Review x 100 =The lowest will get full 20 marks and the rest will get proportionate marks as per their financial offer in relation to the lowest bid submitted
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10