Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: One year, with the possibility of extension
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is implementing a program in Tunisia to support civil society organizations (CSOs) and political actors on issues related to political transition. The program aims to support their capacities to develop and respond to the challenges of the transition process, with particular emphasis on electoral reforms, the process of constitutional implementation, rule of law, access to justice as well as decentralization and participatory democracy.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Finance Coordinator for the project office in Tunis, under the supervision of the DRI Tunisia Office Director and the North Africa Representative and the functional supervision of the Director of Finance of DRI Berlin.
- Prepare payments (bank or cash) with all related supporting documents in coordination with DRI Headquarters;
- Prepare vouchers for all payments and expenses made ;
- Prepare and edit of regular or ad hoc financial reports internally or for donors;
- Bank and cash reconciliation;
- Classification and archiving of accounting documents (in paper and digital format);
- Ensure project budget control and ensure that project expenditures are made in accordance with budget lines and donor requirements;
- Prepare and adjust the project’s financial forecasts on the short and long term in close cooperation with the program unit;
- Participate in the preparation of budget proposals to be submitted to donors as well as current budget amendments;
- Participate in the monitoring and financial management of grants given to DRI partners (providing training to partners on procedures, monitoring financial reports, monitoring payments, etc.);
- Support and participate in the verification of the office purchasing process;
- Any other tasks requested by the Regional Representative for North Africa or the Office Director.
Your Skills and Experience:
- University degree in finance, accounting, management or similar;
- At least five years of relevant experience;
- Relevant experience of at least 18 months in an NGO or association desirable;
- At least one experience in financial management of projects funded by donors;
- Experience in sub-grant management desirable;
- Knowledge of donor procedures and requirements;
- Fluency in Arabic, French oral and written;
- Good knowledge of oral and written English;
- Mastery of IT tools and especially Microsoft Excel.
- Personal skills;
- Rigor, attention to detail and good organizational skills;
- Capacity for planning, teamwork and communication skills;
- Ability to produce high quality work under time pressure;
- Proactive, dynamic attitude with a spirit of initiative and responsibility.
What We Offer:
DRI offers you flexible working hours, travel health insurance, training opportunities and the opportunity to work as part of an international and diverse team. The competitive remuneration for this position is aligned with DRI’s remuneration range for national employees.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) here. Please refer to the source where you have found this opportunity. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: Sunday, 28 February 2021. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
Elbestr. 28 / 29
12045 Berlin, Germany