Position Title: Project Finance Assistant (m/f/d)
Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: Two years, with the possibility of extension
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Project Finance Assistant for its Headquarters in Berlin. In collaboration with, and under the supervision of the Director of Finance, you will support the Finance Unit in project financial management, financial controlling and donor reporting.
- Monitor internal financial reports;
- Assist in reconciliation of bookkeeping records;
- Update project budgets with expenditure;
- Participate in the preparation of donor financial reports;
- Maintain files and other resources;
- Provide financial management advice to our country offices;
- Support office organisation;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Academic background in finances, accounting, business administration or other management related fields;
- Excellent IT skills and proficiency in main computer applications, especially Microsoft Excel;
- Work experience in an office setting, ideally for an NGO;
- Initial experience of working on grant management is an asset;
- Strong attention to detail, diligence and reliability;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German, knowledge of French and/or Arabic is an asset.
What We Offer:
DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours, 30 days of annual leave, travel health insurance, vocational training for every employee, and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) here.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon gender identity, sex (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10