Position Title: Gender & Diversity Experts (m/f/d)
Form of Employment: Short term assignments
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 30 days
Location: Tunisia, Remote Deskwork
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI has supported the constitution-making process and implementation of the constitution in Tunisia since 2011 by working with the constitution-making and legislative assemblies, executive, judiciary, civil society, and the legal community.
One of DRI’s current projects “Support Justice Reform, Enhance the Rule of Law, Develop Human Rights and Strengthen Institutions (JEDI)” aims at strengthening democratic governance and rule of law in Tunisia and fostering more inclusive and accountable democratic processes at national and local levels. After the first year of project implementation, DRI acknowledged the need to generate more efforts in terms of affirmative action across its project activities and a programme-wide gender & diversity mainstreaming.
DRI is currently recruiting Gender & Diversity Experts for its Country Office in Tunisia. In collaboration with the Project Director and the Gender & Diversity Focal Point, you will advise and support on effectively mainstreaming gender & diversity throughout the project’s components
- Design and facilitate a brainstorming session to develop practical solutions for implementing gender and diversity components across project activities, considering in particular the workplan, and DRI’s project partners. Expected outputs could include review of project activities from a gender and diversity-mainstreaming perspective and concrete recommendations for improvement, including processes to design and implement respective activities, quick-win activities (such as gender & diversity modules to be integrated in trainings or presentations) to implement aside regular activities, and set of dedicated activities targeting gender and diversity.
- Provide a training to all DRI staff explaining benefits of gender- and diversity-sensitive projects with concrete examples and processes to implement to achieve a measurable output. This could be done throughout the brainstorming or with dedicated sessions before/after.
- Design and facilitate a session based on DRI’s MEL tool to link gender- and diversity-mainstreaming activities/affirmative actions to indicators. Propose a set of indicators to include in the reporting to ensure DRI’s focus on gender and diversity (quantitative and qualitative).
- Implement a baseline assessment of each partner’s capacities in regards to gender and diversity mainstreaming and propose a way forward (e.g. tailor-made trainings).
- Other relevant duties, as required.
- Methodological note presenting the approach, integration of the brainstorming, training, and MEL sessions, with a detailed agenda.
- Reports of the brainstorming, training and MEL sessions including recommendations of actions and their process of implementation, and indicators to include in DRI’s reporting.
- Methodological note and tools for the baseline assessment of DRI’s partners.
- Report of baseline assessment including recommended follow-up actions.
Your Skills and Experience:
- University degree in social sciences or other relevant discipline, preferably with a focus on gender and project cycle management,
- A Minimum of 5 years practical experience in the field of gender equality and gender- and diversity-mainstreaming in projects and programs,
- Experience in conceptualising and facilitating gender trainings,
- Experience in working with NGOs and governmental institutions,
- Proven knowledge of gender analysis tools and methodologies in the areas of intervention (Constitutions, Human Rights, Rule of Law),
- Sound knowledge of common MEL tools,
- Thorough understanding of the gender context in Tunisia is an asset,
- Strong communications skills,
- Fluency in written and spoken French and/or Arabic, and a working proficiency in English
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter, CV and proposed fee per day) to [email protected]. Please include “Gender & Diversity Expert” in the subject line and refer to the source where you have found this opportunity. This position is subject to funding. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 7 August 2020. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
Note: DRI may consider recruiting one or two experts, if it is considered that the combination of their skills makes a better offer, providing that the total number of days allocated to the tasks is not exceeded.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after the expiration of the deadline.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.