CALL FOR TENDER
The selection of the supplier for the following services:
GRAPHIC DESIGN, ILLUSTRATION AND MULTIMEDIA SERVICES
Types of services: Graphic design, illustration and multimedia services
Type of contract: Framework agreement
Duration of contract: May 2019 – May 2020, with possibility of extension until 31 December 2022
Form of Employment: part-time consultancy (framework contract), desk work
Contract duration: May 2019 – May 2020, with possibility of extension until 31 December 2022
Deadline: 24 April 2019
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is looking for a consultant to produce visual materials such as fact-sheets, infographics, visuals, data visualisation or animation for online and social media and for print publications. The visual products will support DRI work on topics related to rule of law and democracy.
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of DRI’s Communication Coordinator and in close cooperation with DRI experts/staff engaged in producing analytical content, the consultant will produce visual and multimedia content and design for DRI papers and other materials. More specifically, the consultant will:
- Create a visual identity for project materials, based on the communication and outreach plan;
- Convert data into accessible and engaging visualisations (infographics, interactive web designs, GIFs, appealing and viewer-friendly for DRI’s publications, covers and banners) that respond to the objective of the project(s);
- Create visuals for campaigns and support the implementation of campaigns;
- Provide first drafts and incorporate DRI feedback;
- Other relevant tasks as assigned and prior agreed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, media production, communication or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in creating visual products and campaigns;
- Proven record of work experience with international NGOs, think-tank;
- Ability to understand the political reform process;
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines;
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
Both companies and individuals are encouraged to apply.
In order to participate in the Call for Tender, it is necessary to submit the following documents:
- Financial bid (expected daily/hourly fee)
- A certified copy of registration (if applicable)
- List of references with current contact details
- CV/s of persons to be engaged
- Examples or links to examples of your previous work
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (CV, reference list, examples or links to examples of your work, expected daily/hourly fee) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Visual services – DRI Europe” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 24 April 2019. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10