Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: One year, with the possibility of extension
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time HR & Administration Assistant for its Headquarters in Berlin. In collaboration with, and under the supervision of the Director of HR & Administration, you will assist in the daily business and continual development of the HR & Administration team.
- Providing recruitment support (including job ad publication, applicant screening, applicant communication, interview coordination);
- Assisting in the area of personnel management and HR processes (such as the coordination of onboardings and trainings)
- Managing HR data using our HCM system;
- Conducting research on HR & administrative topics;
- Supporting the introduction of SharePoint in the HR and Admin area;
- Supporting all teams in organizational and administrative matters;
- Creation and management of checklists, documents and training materials;
- Helping to organize and implement events;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Academic background or completed apprenticeship in human resources, business administration, or other management related fields;
- Excellent IT skills and proficiency in main computer applications;
- Work experience in an office setting, ideally for an NGO;
- Interest in the field of human resource management;
- High flexibility and organizational skills;
- Empathy, sensitivity and discretion;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German.
- Initial experience of working in HR is an asset;
- Initial experience in the use of digital tools (HCM system, SharePoint, Office365, video conferencing tools, WordPress)
What We Offer:
- DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours and home office option, 30 days of annual leave, training opportunities, a contribution to public transport and healthcare, and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) here. This position is subject to funding. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 23 July 2020. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany