Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months, with the possibility of extension
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Human Resources and Administration Associate for its Country Office in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Under the overall supervision of the Finance Officer or their assigned representative, the Human Resources and Administration Associate will support the team to ensure that the country office meet all donor requirements, Sri Lankan legal requirements as well as DRI internal policies and procedures related to human resources and administration.
- Support the team with recruitment of candidates for open positions in coordination with Programme Director, collection of timesheets and human resources related statutory compliances;
- Assist in preparation of contracts and contract amendments, and employment and work certificates;
- Maintain experts contract database and update the team with changes and expiry with the expert contracts;
- Follow up HR processes (e.g. onboard and offboarding processes) and mapping this in DRI’s HR Management Software Personio.
- Support the finance and procurement team with the administrative tasks including receiving invoices, documentations, bank deposits etc.;
- Assist the team in organizing meetings, events and workshops in Colombo as well as at district level;
- Develop an electronic and physical filing system for administrative and financial records. Electronic filing will be done with SharePoint in the future.
Perform any other related duties, which may be assigned.
Your Skills and Experience:
- University degree in finance, accounting, business administration / commerce;
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience with human resources management and administrative tasks, preferably on democracy related projects in a non-governmental organization working on the basis of donor regulations;
- Understanding and demonstrable experience of human resources, information technology, procurement and logistics aspects of administration;
- Strong coordination and communication skills and experience working with a range of stakeholders including from the profit and non-profit sector such as service providers, CSO/NGO representatives etc.;
- Excellent attention to detail to numbers and commitment to quality;
- In-depth of knowledge and experience in working with Microsoft (MS) Excel and Word
- Strong proficiency in English, fluency in Sinhala and/or Tamil;
- Ability to travel nationally;
- Understanding of or interest in the political context and democratic reform process in Sri Lanka is desirable.
- Initial experience in the use of digital tools (SharePoint).
What We Offer:
DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours, health insurance, training opportunities and the opportunity to work as part of an international and diverse team. The competitive remuneration for this position is aligned with DRI’s remuneration range for national employees.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (cover letter and CV) here. This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: 16 June, 2021. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
Elbestr. 28 / 29
12045 Berlin, Germany