Position: IT Support (m/f/d)
Form of Employment: Freelance or Employment contract (part time, about 16 hrs/week)
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: unlimited contract
Location: Berlin / local and remote work (in average 1 day per week should be worked onsite in our Berlin – Neukölln office)
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is an international, non-for-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to political participation and democratic governance around the world. DRI headquarters is located in Berlin (HQ), DRI has country offices in Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Lebanon and Ukraine and works with local partners in a number of other countries. The working language is English, in the field of management and business, German is regularly required.
For our headquarters in Berlin, we are looking for a Freelancer or a part-time employee (about 16 hours/week) for the expansion and maintenance of our IT network at the earliest possible start date. We are currently implementing MS SharePoint for our data storage and to collaborate with the country offices. The existing server will only be used for archiving purposes in the long term.
- First and second level support via e-mail, on site and remotely. It is planned to assign the first level support to another in-house position in the next few months, so that more second level tasks should be carried out over the long term.
- Ensuring the operation in terms of backup, access management and IT security
- Updating and plausibility check of the security solutions deployed (ex. firewall, virus protection, password policies)
- Installation, configuration and administration of the hardware and software environment (including Windows 10, Windows Server, Linux Server, Network Printer)
- Regular network maintenance (e.g., switching, IP routing, VPNs) and updates
- Further development of the IT infrastructure and IT consulting in the context of process improvement projects
- Ensuring complete IT documentation
- Advice on new IT equipment (e.g. establishment of a professional video conference room)
- Planning and implementation of additional features of the Microsoft Office 365 platform (e-mail archiving, authorization and data protection concepts)
Your skills and experience:
- Ideally an apprenticeship as an IT specialist for system integration or application development or a degree in computer science or comparable qualification with several years of professional experience
- Minimum two years of experience in IT support, ideally in an international organization or NGO
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 is required
- Knowledge of the administration of Windows systems, Microsoft Office 365, IP networks, DNS systems, web servers/web hosts
- Reliable and solution-oriented
- Communicative team player with a structured working method
- Good written and spoken English knowledge
- knowledge of SharePoint Online is an advantage
- German language
What we offer:
DRI offers you a job with flexible working hours, 30 days of annual leave, a contribution to public transport (company ticket with BVG), a health ticket (Gesundheitsticket Plus) to be applied towards health and wellness activities of your choosing, travel health insurance, vocational training for every employee, and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) here. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 07 February 2021. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
DRI is committed to diversity and treats everybody equally, independent of gender identity, sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, political opinion (as long as respectful of democratic principles), or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
12045 Berlin, Germany