CVs for pool of Legal Experts on the Rule of Law in the EU
Form of Employment: Short-term assignments
Location: Home-based desk work
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is establishing a roster of legal experts for assignments at short notice as part of the re:constitution project that aims at facilitating a fact-based debate around topical questions on rule of law across the EU. We are looking for legal experts with knowledge and research experience in the areas of European constitutionalism, EU law, and rule of law in the EU member states. Selected experts will be included in the roster to be called on for specific assignments in the course of the project.
re:constitution is a longer-term project jointly implemented with Forum Transregionale Studien (FTS) and funded by Stiftung Mercator.
Your Duties & Responsibilities:
In close cooperation with DRI experts/staff and following the DRI style guidelines, the legal experts will:
- Research, draft and finalise analytical pieces on rule of law related issues in EU members states
Qualifications we require:
- University degree in law, political science or other relevant fields
- At least three years of research and/or work experience in the areas of European constitutionalism, EU law, rule of law, public law
- Record of publications on the relevant topics
- Flexibility and ability to work under tight time frames
- Fluency in English
- Availability to write in a clear, concise and accessible manner
- Experience in writing for media and NGOs is a strong asset
How to apply:
If you are interested to be considered for short-term assignments, please send us your CV in English as well as three examples of recent publications relevant to the rule of law topic to email@example.com for registration in our database. In your CV please make sure to highlight your thematic knowledge as well as which EU countries you are specialised on. Please include your name and “legal expert” in the title of the email.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
Applying to the roster by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel+49 30 27877300
Fax+49 30 27877300-10