Form of Employment: Short term consultancy
Position Location: Ngwe Sang beach
Reporting lines: Country Representative Myanmar
Contract Period: 3 working days from 29th to 31st January 2019.
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
As part of the EU funded project “STEP II”, DRI is conducting the Myanmar Democracy Fellowship, a 17 days training on human rights and democracy in Myanmar; with 30 young professionals from amongst different state and non state organisations from across the country.
DRI is currently recruiting a Mediation and Dialogue Facilitation Expert to deliver a 3-day training (29th to 31st January 2019) on public participation and dialogue facilitation in peace process and political dialogue context, as part of the module 2 of the MDF programme.
The Expert will prepare and deliver a 3-day interactive training on public participation in political dialogue, and on negotiation and dialogue facilitation for the participants of the MDF, during the second module of the MDF.
The training should focus on at least 3 main components:
- Public participation in peace / political dialogue processes
- Negotiation technics and strategies
- Mediation and dialogue facilitation technics (design, size and sequencing of dialogues, how to prepare agenda, ground rules of dialogues, role of facilitators, initiatives for trust and consensus/compromise building, deadlock breaking mechanisms).
The training should combine concise input presentations on international standards, best practices and comparative case studies, with practical exercises – including simulation and role play – through which participants can directly practice the knowledge learnt from the expert.
- University degree – Masters or Ph.D – in conflict resolution, political science, law or related field;
- At least 10 years of professional experience in mediation and dialogue facilitation in peace process and political dialogue contexts.
- Previous experience delivering mediation and dialogue facilitation trainings to representatives from state institutions and civil society organisations;
- Good understanding of Myanmar on-going peace process and political dialogue structure is a strong asset.
- Previous experience in conflict resolution in South East Asia is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English required.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 November 2018. Shortlisted candidates might be contacted before the deadline.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10