Project Title: Strengthening Libyan Civil Society Engagement on the Constitution and Political Transition
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Duration: Three to four days of training
Assignment date: 29 November – 2 December 2019
The ‘Strengthening Libyan Civil Society Engagement on the Constitution and Political Transition’ project is funded by the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs and implemented by Democracy Reporting International. It aims to contribute to Libya’s political transition into a democratic state. While this is a long-term goal, the project interventions seek to increase awareness and understanding of the Libyan public on the political transition, particularly the constitution and elections, and to create opportunities for citizens to engage on issues pertaining to the transitional process.
Within the framework of the project, DRI Libya organized a Film and Radio competition entitled Democracy: A Libyan Perspective. The winners of the competition will take part in a scriptwriting/storytelling training and will be given an opportunity to prepare a storyboard for new films and radio spots on democracy in a format and quality appropriate for screening on TV and airing on radio. Hence, DRI Libya is looking for an excellent Arabic speaking film trainer on storytelling/scriptwriting to deliver the training and help the participants develop their ideas.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver training to approximately 10 participants on storytelling/scriptwriting in 3 or 4 days;
- Guide participants to develop their own scripts and storyboard and ensure that participants use the newly acquired skills and knowledge to have a first draft by the end of the training;
- Work with them on improving the impact of the message on the audience in terms of raising awareness on democracy related content;
- This will include:
- An introduction to storytelling
- Organising pieces of a story into a cohesive and engaging narrative
- Storytelling techniques that grasp the audience’s attention
- Different stages of the story
- Breaking down the film/radio spot into a series of sequences to create a compelling story
- The use of dramatic conflict to create emotion among the audience
- How to properly format the script
- Building the storyboard
- Social change using film and radio
- Write a report evaluating the capabilities of the participants and making recommendations as to the way forward.
- Bachelor degree or higher in communication, media studies, production, cinematography, journalism or any other relevant field;
- At least five years of successive experience in the field of media in general;
- At least two years of experience in training on script writing/story telling;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of Arabic;
- Attentiveness to gender and diversity issues, including gender-sensitive communication.
How to Apply
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 15 November, 2019 with a proposed agenda for the training not exceeding 2 pages and proposed fees.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10