Type of Contract: Short term consultancy
Starting Date: 1 December 2020
Duration: One month (6 billable days)
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit organization registered in Berlin. DRI promotes the political participation of citizens, the accountability of state institutions and the development of democratic institutions around the world. In Libya, DRI has been supporting the constitution-drafting process and the work of Libyan civil society organisations on topics related to the constitution, human rights, and local governance since 2012. We are currently implementing three projects focusing on civil society strengthening and democratic discourse, women’s empowerment, and participatory sub-national governance.
Aiming to consolidate its position in Libya, DRI is in process of preparing its strategic planning for the upcoming years. Therefore, we are procuring the services of an expert to facilitate a strategic retreat and help us translate the results of the retreat into a Strategic Plan.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Get familiar with the work of DRI in Libya and the parameters of the proposed Strategic Plan
- Facilitate and moderate-in English- a strategic retreat that will take place for two days in Tunis in a location that ensures a safe environment through robust covid-19 HSS considerations. You must already be based in Tunis as we cannot fly anyone in.
- Produce the inputs for a draft Strategic Plan document based on the outcomes of the retreat for DRI Libya that will be built on by the team
- A proposed agenda and methodology to manage the retreat
- A final document that includes an outline and concrete recommendations for the draft Strategic Plan
Qualifications and competencies:
- Advanced university degree
- Have 5 years minimum of relevant professional experience
- Proven experience in facilitation and moderation of debates and workshops
- Proven experience in preparing strategic plans
- Excellent command of verbal and written English
- Experience and capacity to work in teams
Please send your CV in English and proposed daily rate, indicating in the subject “Strategic Planning Workshop Facilitator – Tunisia” to the following email address: [email protected]
The deadline to send your application is: 23 November 2020.
This position might be filled before the deadline. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
12045 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10