Form of Employment: Part-time
Starting Date: September 2020
Duration: Up to 40 working days over a period of 6 months
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting a part-time National Parliamentary Engagement Expert for its country office in Pakistan. In collaboration with, and under supervision of the Project Manager/Democratic Governance Expert you will engage with and provide technical support to the Parliamentarians at the National level and the country’s political leadership to highlight the socio-economic and health effects of covid-19 in the country. The engagement with these stakeholders will be through briefings, consultations and one-one meetings.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Identification of key parliamentarians, members of relevant parliamentary committees and politicians who have an interest and will have an influence on addressing the various issues arising due to the covid-19 pandemic.
- Design and deliver briefings for various stakeholders including parliamentarians and politicians in the Federal Capital to increase their awareness of various health and socio-economic concerns from covid-19.
- Provide technical advice to the Parliamentary bodies for sustained efforts to move the discussion forward.
- Show progressive development towards graduating the debate leading to public action (statement, resolution, public resolution or a successful meeting etc.) through individual and public engagement making sure the engagements are well knit, coherent and goal oriented.
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Qualifications we require:
- University degree in Development Studies/Human Rights /Law/ Political Science or equivalent.
- In depth knowledge of the political context of the country and demonstrated experience in engaging/working with public institutions and senior politicians ideally in a campaign setting. Should bring to the table a vast contact based and engagement history with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of how laws and policy works and what can be the role of various institutions, procedures, mechanisms to advance a policy agenda.
- Excellent understanding of the issues being in the country in light of covid-19
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu
- Report writing skills.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
Moreover, DRI offers you flexible working hours, training opportunities and working as part of an international and multicultural team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “National Parliamentary Engagement Expert” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. This position is subject to funding. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 6 September 2020. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10