Form of Employment: Long-term assignment
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 17 months with possibility of extension
Location: desk-work, Ukraine; travel within the country might be needed according to the regional project activities needs.
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI has been present in Ukraine since September 2014. Together with the Institute of International Relations of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, DRI has worked with major Ukrainian civic initiatives to provide systematic monitoring and reporting on the key political reforms. The aims of the project are (1) to provide Ukrainian and international public with regular first-hand reports and analyses of ongoing political reforms, feeding international standards and comparative practice into the reform discussions, and (2) to build capacities of regional and local civil society groups, youth organisations and students for monitoring, analysis and advocacy for reforms. The project is funded by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany.
DRI is currently looking for an Outreach and Media Expert to support DRI’s outreach and external communication targeting students and youth. Examples of activities include student debates, regional trainings and workshops.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Outreach and dissemination about DRI activities for students and youth among the target audience across Ukraine;
- Under the guidelines of DRI, develop and implement an external communication strategy and products targeting students and youth. Communications activities and products shall be disseminated via radio, online, print media, and social media.
- Support DRI in its external communications, by providing advice on tools and methods of external communications.
Qualifications we require:
- (University) degree in journalism or relevant discipline;
- Minimum three years of experience as journalist, editor or similar role for a youth media outlet, blog, paper;
- Excellent writing skills and ability to report about events in an interactive, accessible manner;
- Network of contacts among the target audience;
- Ability to deliver in short timeframes.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (CV and three samples of your work in Ukrainian) to [email protected]. Please include “Outreach and Media Expert UA” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 31 October 2018. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10