Position: Photographer and videographer
Assignment title: Photography and videography coverage of DRI activities
Assignment location: Lebanon (various locations)
Form of employment: Short-term consultancy
Contract Period: Until 31 December 2019
Start Date: As soon as possible
Deadline: 19 August 2019, 12:00 PM local time (Beirut, Lebanon)
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide. In the framework of its Lebanon Project “Setting an Agenda for Decentralisation – Phase II”, DRI is pleased to invite you to apply for providing photography and videography services.
Objective of this assignment:
DRI is looking for a photography and videography provider (company or individual) to cover DRI’s activities until 31 December 2019. You will be asked to take photos and, where required, short videos for up to 8 indoor activities.
The service shall be provided in Beirut and the regions. This assignment will entail a maximum of 3 full working days and 8 half days between August and December 2019, as per the below table:
|#||Type of Event||Timeline||Location||Coverage Length|
|1||3-day workshop||30–31 Aug, 1 Sep 2019||Byblos||2 half days|
|2||Workshop with municipalities||Sep 2019||Beqaa||Half day|
|3||Monthly roundtable series||Sep, Oct, Nov 2019||Beirut, Parliament||3 half days|
|4||Conference||First half of Oct 2019||NDU – Louaize||Full day|
|5||Roundtable with MPs||First half of Oct 2019||Beirut, Parliament||Half day|
|6||DRI Annual conference||Nov 2019||Beirut||Half day|
|7||Workshop with MPs||Dec 2019||Beirut, Parliament||Full day|
|8||Workshop with municipalities||Dec 2019||Outside Beirut||Full day|
The events will be mainly attended by politicians, public officials, media, NGOs, international donor organisations, and municipalities.
The copyright of the deliverables is the exclusive property of DRI.
Your Duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of DRI’s Country Representative and the Programme Associate Communications, the selected candidate will be tasked with the following deliverables:
- Deliver, within a reasonable period and as agreed with DRI, high-quality photographs and high-quality short videos;
- Deliver, within a reasonable period and as agreed with DRI, selected photos/videos in DRI label/format for social media use.
Qualifications we require:
- Provider (company or individual) specialised in events photography, videography, editing and labelling with a minimum of 5 years of experience;
- Availability within a 2-week lead time and ability to work on the Lebanese territory without any constraints, including trips to different regions in Lebanon;
- Experience in covering workshops and events of NGOs and INGOs in Lebanon.
How to Apply:
- A cover letter, CV/profile and portfolio;
- The specification of the material to be used (most events will take place in closed spaces);
- Samples of similar assignments;
- At least three client references; and
- A detailed quotation for half days and full days, including all costs (such as transportation), as per the below table:
|Price for photo only||Price for photo and short videos|
|Full day event|
Interested candidates should send their application by 19 August 2019, 12:00 pm Beirut time via e-mail including “Photographer/videographer Lebanon” in the subject line to [email protected], Cc [email protected].
DRI is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. We strongly encourage qualified females to apply for this position. If you are a freelancer and interested in this job opening, you are also encouraged to apply.
Note: This call for applications does not entail any commitment on the part of DRI, either financial or otherwise. DRI may cancel the tender, any time, without assigning any reason.
Closing date for applications: 19 August 2019. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10