Form of Employment: Short-term Consultancy
Starting Date: 25.05.2020
Duration: 15 days
Location: Remote, deskwork
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies, and the development of democratic institutions worldwide.
DRI has supported the constitution-making process and implementation of the constitution in Tunisia since 2011 by working with the constitution-making and legislative assemblies, executive, judiciary, civil society and the legal community. DRI’s current projects aim at supporting the implementation of the constitution through enhancing citizen participation in local democracy reforms, supporting the achievement of more transparent and accountable democratic processes, and supporting legal reforms through capacity building of the justice sector and oversight bodies.
As the project is coming soon to an end, DRI is currently recruiting a Programme Design Advisor for its Country Office in Tunisia to support in the design of a project which is envisaged to focus on decentralisation and citizen participation, with an envisaged implementation period of 3 to 4 years.
Your duties and responsibilities:
In collaboration with the Programme Coordinator and the Project Director, you will support the Tunisian country office in project design. This will include:
- Coordinate and conduct background research, stakeholder consultation and needs assessments on relevant priority areas for DRI in Tunisia, particularly in the areas of decentralisation/local democracy, civil society development and support to development of the state institutions, in close cooperation with DRI Tunisia’s staff members and experts;
- Drafting of a project proposal, based on an existing concept note and according to predetermined templates, including the development and refinement of a project’s context analysis, Theory of Change, logframe, indicators, stakeholder and target group analysis, risk analysis, staff roles descriptions, workplan and other components, incl. contribution to drafting the budget;
- Ensure quality of the produced documents through following the DRI approach, logic of intervention, intervention areas as well as proposal-writing quality standards including readable and clear language, consistency as well as maintaining database of the project proposal support and reference materials
Your Skills and Experience:
- University degree in law, political sciences, or other relevant fields;
- At least 5 years of work experience with non-governmental organisations in the field of democracy assistance, a professional focus on decentralisation and local governance is desirable;
- At least 3 years of successful experience in programme design and fundraising with a particular focus on proposal development;
- Knowledge of the Tunisian governance context, in particular the decentralisation process, is a requirement;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Excellent command in written and spoken English and French or Arabic is a requirement.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to email@example.com. Please include “Programme Design Advisor” in the subject line and refer to the source where you have found this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 20.05.2020. The position may be filled before the deadline has been reached, so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10