Position Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer – Lebanon (f/m)
Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration: One year
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Procurement and Logistics Officer (f/m) for its country presence in Lebanon. In collaboration with, and under supervision of the Country Representative s/he will have the lead on procurement of services and logistics related to the implementation of activities in the framework of DRI’s project ‘An Agenda for Decentralisation – Local Governance in Lebanon’. The 12-month project aims at analysing the existing legal framework of decentralisation and advocating for improved implementation thereof at the local and national level. The project will be implemented in close cooperation with local CSOs in the different regions of Lebanon.
The project therefore requires the services of an experienced Procurement and Logistics Officer to manage all procurement and logistics of the Lebanon project. S/he will work under the supervision of the Country Representative and in close coordination with the Finance and Administration Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
Procurement & Logistics
- Prepare a procurement plan according to the project budget and work plan;
- Establish agreements with vendors and suppliers of project goods and consumables, credit facility and monthly invoicing;
- Maintain database of suppliers/service providers and records on procurement processes;
- Update inventory list with details of procurement (date, vendor, value, others);
- Prepare documentation on complete procurement cases with supporting documentation, according to donor requirements and DRI procurement policy;
- Coordinate the implementation of the project activities, such as the organisation of events, workshops, trainings, and briefings or meetings with consortium members, local partners in the regions, key policy-makers and other stakeholders;
- Provide logistical support with regard to: venues booking, accommodation, arranging transportation, airport pick-ups and all other logistical arrangements related to the implementation of the DRI Lebanon project;
- Assist in the coordination of the missions of international short-term experts;
- Travel regularly in order to support the implementation of project activities in the different regions of Lebanon;
- Perform any other related duties, which may be assigned.
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in routine matters related to administration of the project and country office;
- Act as the main responsible person for the day to day administration of the office, including inventory management, office supplies, office building repairs, and timely payment of bills;
- Assist in distribution of publications and other program materials;
- Organise materials for and maintain record of trainings, workshops, event, publications and briefing materials, including agendas, invitations, participant lists, evaluations and reports and related administrative records;
- Undertake other duties assigned by the Country Representative and the Finance and Administration Manager.
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration, Logistics or related subject (equivalent training or work experience may be substituted for educational requirement);
- At least 3 years of professional experience;
- Experience with civil society and international organisations will be considered an asset;
- Strong organisational and planning skills;
- Arabic and English language fluency is required, French is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel;
- Readiness to intensive travel outside of Beirut;
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions like heavy workloads and deadlines.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
For interested applicants, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Procurement and Logistics Officer – Lebanon” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity.
This position is subject to funding.
Closing date for applications: 16 October 2016. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.