Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: 1 February 2019
Duration: Until 31 December 2019, with the possibility of extension
Location: Berlin, DRI HQ
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is implementing the EU-funded project Promoting Human and Labour Rights through GSP+ in the following countries: Armenia, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines and Sri Lanka. The general objective of this EIDHR project is that civil society and social partners become effective advocates and drivers of change ensuring that EU Generalised Scheme of Preferences Plus (GSP+) beneficiary countries meet their commitments to effectively implement core international conventions. DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Programme Assistant for its head office in Berlin.
Your duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the GSP+ Programme Officer, the incumbent supports the implementation of the project Promoting Human and Labour Rights through GSP+ carrying out the following tasks:
- Supports all aspects of project management, including strategic, administrative and logistical tasks in relation to project development and implementation:
- Supports project monitoring and evaluation as well as lessons-learned exercises, and collects and organises data for this purpose;
- Supports the effective communication and co-ordination with project partners, especially in relation to the preparation of their regular reports and updated workplans;
- Supports the effective communication with external consultants and arranges their missions, if any;
- Supports regular internal and donor reporting;
- Supports the preparation and implementation of global activities directly implemented by DRI HQ;
- Supports the procurement/recruitment processes and the communication with external providers;
- Supports project closure.
- Supports the implementation of the programme communication and visibility plan: preparing materials for DRI’s website, Facebook and Twitter accounts; coordinating with external communication consultants and designers for the preparation of communication materials;
- Supports the production of publications, including editing and, if necessary, translating project publications;
- Other tasks, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Provide administrative support, in particular ensuring proper filing of the project documentation according to DRI’s and the donor’s rules;
- Maintains project files, databases and other resources;
- Performs a variety of clerical and secretarial tasks;
- Other tasks, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Conducts regular research on current and political affairs with a particular focus on human rights and democratisation issues in the beneficiary countries.
- University degree in political or social science, international development, or other relevant fields;
- At least 1 year of work experience in the international development sector and/or communications related work;
- Diligence, eye for details, pro-active attitude and strong willingness to learn and engage with different stakeholders;
- Understanding of challenges and opportunities in messaging human rights and democracy work;
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team and under pressure;
- Demonstrated experience in managing social media (facebook, twitter, instagram etc.) both with regards to strategy and implementation thereof;
- Proficient IT skills and ability to create graphs, icons, charts etc. with various open source software is an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is an asset.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Moreover, DRI offers you flexible working hours, training opportunities and working as part of an international and multicultural team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “GSP+ Programme Assistant” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 9 December 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10