Form of Employment: Full-time position
Starting Date: 1 March 2019
Duration: Until 31 December 2020
Location: Islamabad / Pakistan, with possible travel to the provinces
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI Pakistan is implementing a democracy support programme aiming to support Pakistan’s state institutions, National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) and civil society to formulate, implement and advocate for priority human rights, good governance and electoral reforms.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time employee for the position of Programme Associate Communications for its country office in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Your duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of DRI’s Country Representative and in close coordination with other team members and DRI HQ’s Communication Focal Point:
Programme support and administration:
- Assist the programmatic leads in the preparation, implementing and follow-up of all project activities including support to agendas, invitation letters, participant lists, evaluation and feedback forms, and reports;
- Support in the development and disseminate event visibility and publication materials such as brochures, banners, briefing papers in collaboration with a graphic designer and DRI programmatic staff;
- Support the work of short-term experts by taking care of logistical and other arrangements;
- Keep administrative records of all project documents;
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Officer Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning in data collection and storing of M&E data;
- Undertake research on democracy subjects relevant to DRI’s ongoing and potential future programming;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
- Act as Focal Point for communication in the Pakistan Country Office;
- Support HQ in drafting a DRI-wide Communications Strategy in line with DRI´s corporate identity and lead on its implementation in the Pakistan Country Office;
- Assess the current status and usage of social media at DRI Pakistan and provide suggestions on how to improve it in coordination with DRI HQ; specifically identify target audiences in relation to certain project activities and draft strategies on how to effectively engage them to help increase DRI’s online visibility;
- Draft and edit news pieces, website content, scripts for videos and create graphs, icons, and charts, if needed in collaboration with DRI’s designer;
- In coordination with DRI HQ’s Communications Focal Point, manage DRI Pakistan’s social media channels by creating content on events and post it online;
- Provide internal capacity building on Communications for DRI project colleagues as well as DRI’s project partners, if required;
- Collate analytics and metrics on DRI Pakistan communications and submit quarterly analysis reports to HQ;
- Other relevant duties, as required.
Qualifications we require:
- University degree in political or social science, international development, media studies, journalism or other relevant fields;
- At least 1 year of work experience in the international development sector and/or communications related work;
- Demonstrated experience in managing social media (facebook, twitter, instagram etc.) both with regards to strategy and implementation thereof;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Diligence, eye for details, and creativity in driving DRI’s online presence forward;
- Understanding of challenges and opportunities in messaging human rights and democracy work is an asset;
- Proficient IT skills and ability to create graphs, icons, charts etc. with various open source software;
- Ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team and under pressure;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply! Moreover, DRI offers you flexible working hours, training opportunities and working as part of an international and multicultural team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter and CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Pakistan – Programme Associate Communications” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.
Closing date for applications: 4 January 2019. This position is contingent upon funding.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you are one of those shortlisted, we will contact you within one week after expiration of the deadline at the latest.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10